Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The Euro predictions.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m beginning to suspect that ohnohesback’s prediction was accurate. The Euro will survive because it will not be allowed to fail, despite the doom-mongering of the “Austrian” economists…

Chalk one up for the Cresser, there.

Hohum
    Free Member

The Germans will give in and allow the ECB to monetise the debt of the peripheral countries.

QE has not produced any inflation on the street, in fact deflation is more of a worry than anything else, but it has caused inflation in the financial markets and central banks (and the big commercial banks) see this as a good thing.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Did I predict that? My memory isn’t what it used to be…

IMO they can kick the can down the road only a certain number of times because each time they do so the can becomes heavier, the distance it travels shortens, and the foot that kicks it becomes more bruised. Despite the illusion of calm at the moment, the ECB’s base rate cut sounds like a panic measure to me. We are far from out of the woods yet.

MSP

The euro is no more “fragile” than the pound, or any other national currency.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

But the pound is based on a unified national economy with one political leadership. The euro is one currency to cover a number of divergent economies in various states of distress with a myriad of political leaders.

What could possibly go wrong?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘The Euro predictions.’ is closed to new replies.