Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The Elder Scrolls Online will be here soon – graphics card upgrade?
  • PJay
    Free Member

The Elder Scrolls Online should be arriving in a couple of months and I’m wondering whether I should upgrade my PC graphics card.

My system is reasonably capable, but hardly cutting edge, with a first generation i5 processor and 12gb ram; the graphics card is an old, but still pretty powerful, Radeon HD 6870 (which out performs some of the HD 7xxx range). The system has been great for running Skyrim with ultra graphics settings in full HD but I wonder whether a newer graphics cards might help things along. Since I last bought a graphics card there’s a whole new Radeon R range that I know noting about and I’m more than happy to go down the Nvidea route.

I think that I’d need to limit myself to a maximum of £150 as I’m going to need to fund the subscriptions for what could be a long time addiction!

Any thoughts on what graphics card might spice up my aging system?

skids
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother upgrading, 6870 is plenty of graphics card for ESO, and £150 wouldn’t buy anything that was a dramatic upgrade over what you have anyway

oliharan92
    Free Member

you could always grab another 6870 and run them in crossfire

Drac

Crap forgot about the Beta again this weekend to test my ageing system out.

racefaceec90

i hope i will be able to play it on my new laptop.

it has the same minimum spec as oblivion (from having a quick glance at website (i can run that on it medium settings 😀

have just signed up to the beta (cheers drac 😉

will buy the special edition if the price is right what they quoted £70,00 as i’m very sad 😳

chojin
    Free Member

A 30gb download for the client so I’m told! Although it didn’t seem to take *too* long.
    I’ve signed up but it took an hour and a half to log in. First impressions are good, although I only got to play it for about 15 mins before little chojin woke up and needed feeding :/

racefaceec90

am embarrassed to admit that i haven’t watched any of the videos of the game until now.WOW is all i can say 😯

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxJTsq2XeKY[/video]

no way in hell my laptop will run it at that resolution/detail though 🙁

racefaceec90

just got an email to say that i can join the beta this friday to sun 😀

looking forward to it is a slight understatement 😳

samuri
    Free Member

It’ll be fine I reckon. My son has a similar card in his PC and runs the single player version happily enough.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The Elder Scrolls Online will be here soon – graphics card upgrade?’ is closed to new replies.