Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The EDL program on BBC3 last night?
  • hooli

So did anybody else catch the BBC3 thing last night about ladies who belong to the EDL?

There are so many questions, I don’t even know where to begin.

Also not sure they chose the best group of people to endear themselves to the general public unless that is the best they have?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Part of me thinks the documentary makers chose who they filmed in order to make a point, not that they particularly needed to. The young lass from the north east was particularly tragic, and seemed very needy / vulnerable. The UAF protesters weren’t portrayed too favourably either. This all looked a bit similar to other recent tv programmes that simply vilify the working class in a big fat gypsy wedding stylee.

iolo
    Free Member

I was driving along the promenade at Llandudno last year and saw an EDL protest.
    Oh the irony.

1-shed
    Free Member

English Disco Lovers?

alpin
    Free Member

surely more comedy satire than real life?

i laughed out loud when the blonde tart left the courtroom.

and their eloquence when discussing heated topics really helped them make their point.

the one with all the piercings is at least able to distance herself from her idiotic mother and father-in-law…

sad.

mimilovell
    Free Member

how come the BBC never make documentaries on the scams and idiots who works for labor/conservaties/ lib dems. We hear about it all the time in the paper but never on TV.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Having stated in my previous post that I thought the lass from the north east had, well, issues, I have to admit that I larfed my arse off at the selfie she took dressed as Hitler, and the subsequent bollocking she got from one of the other members. Quality, but still wrong on oh so many levels. It does seem likely that the EDL will, like every other far right group, splinter and disappear, especially now that Tommy Robinson’s left.

warton
    Free Member

I watched it, and i despaired. What hope do we have when there are people like that living in our world. They were so uneducated i couldn’t believe it was true at times

“i don’t like it when people talk in a foreign language,, cause they might be saying lets kill him”

“there’s so much to remember, it’s really tricky to know whats right and whats wrong” when that lass got told off for dressing up as Hitler.

If you have trouble understanding that dressing up as Hitler and performing the Nazi salute is not right, you may as well give up now.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I think that despair is probably the right way to describe how I felt watching this. FFS, I have a 9 year old son with learning difficulties, and his moral compass works far more effectively than the people on that programme. It seems like a case of the not so bright being led by bitter people looking for someone to blame for the way their lives turned out.

monkeychild
    Free Member

It’s laughable, as they are like the extremists that they oppose (maybe less bombing). Fundamental nutters are idiots no matter what creed, background or colour. It’s frustrating that this gubbins goes on.

stanfree
    Free Member

It’s hard to know where to start but as usual with this types of groups they seem to target simple minded vulnerable people and feed them bullshit. I think probably the worst character in the documentary was the father who kept doing ridiculous publicity stunts whilst wearing Burkhas etc.
    The lass from Middlesbororgh as already stated wasn’t the sharpest tool in the box and seemed so gullible It was unbelievable . She seemed to seek out the EDL to make friends . Very sad individuals and a pretty bleak reminder of how mixed up society has become.

benji
    Free Member

Don’t see the need to make a program based on gender about supporting one political party, both genders have the vote, so why the surprise that some females support the EDL?

Bigotry is usually developed by ignorance, and supported by the ignorant.

slowoldman

I think they are all really intelligent and coherent
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M

The two in the background haven’t got a clue where they are, or why?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Blimey

stanfree
    Free Member

I think Matt Johnson summed It up over 20 years ago .

When you cast your eyes upon the skylines
    Of this once proud nation
    Can you sense the fear and the hatred
    Growing in the hearts of its population

And our youth, oh youth, are being seduced
    by the greedy hands of politics and half truths

The beaten generation, the beaten generation
    Reared on a diet of prejudice and mis-information
    The beaten generation, the beaten generation
    Open your eyes, open your imagination

We’re being sedated by the gasoline fumes
    and hypnotised by the satellites
    Into believing what is good and what is right

You may be worshipping the temples of mammon
    Or lost in the prisons of religion
    But can you still walk back to happiness
    When you’ve nowhere left to run?

Andif they send in the special police
    To deliver us from liberty and keep us from peace

Then won’t the words sit ill upon their tongues
    when they tell us justice is being done
    and that freedom lives in the barrels of a warm gun

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘The EDL program on BBC3 last night?’ is closed to new replies.