Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • the dx 1200 lumen light ..anyone cut the cable and fitted a switch yet ?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

As the light always has the lttle red indicator led on unless unplugged I was thinking of fitting a simple inline switch to avoid having to pull the very tight fitting male and female connection apart every time. just wondered whether anyone had already cut the cable and if so are the inner strands easy to work with or extremely fine and fiddly .
    thanks
    Bill

onandon
    Free Member

If you crack one open, this is what you find.

cant see what you would need to add a switch ,but hey.
    just lube the connector so it’s not so tight.

kaiser
    Free Member

thanks bud .. just me being lazy!

fastindian
    Free Member

anyone worked out why the green led nover comes on?

onandon
    Free Member

some are red and some are green, they dont change colour just indicate where the button is when it’s dark.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I like the light being on when I have the light switched on as its easy to find the button but I don’t like it being on when the light is off. Seems a stupid design, why would you want the button lit when you don’t have the light on? I wonder how much power it draws?

Mines is bluey/red btw way so on its way to being green.

BadlyWiredDog

I have one of these, the 30 quid one, I actually swapped the connector on the light from new due to an intermittent contact/break in the wiring – the internal wires are very thin if you have the same model as me, frankly I’d probably leave ’em alone or swap to cable with thicker metal strands in. It really is just a few strands of copper, not impressed, but they are very cheap. In comparison, the cables used by Lumicycle are like tree trunks…

If it goes again, I’m just going to rewire with different cable/connectors. Fwiw, the LED on mine is green, but went red when the battery stopped working properly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘the dx 1200 lumen light ..anyone cut the cable and fitted a switch yet ?’ is closed to new replies.