Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The difference between men and women..
  • loddrik
    Free Member

A good mate of mine just broke his foot, he dropped his couch on it. What a stupid tit! 😆

I think this is totally hilarious and cannot stop being amused by it. Wife just thinks I’m being a **** and is now in super sympathy mode.

How can a best mate breaking a bone be anything other than seriously funny, especially when they are feeling sorry for themselves. I’d expect the same.

tomhoward

Wife just thinks I’m being a **** and is now in super sympathy mode.

His or yours?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nah it’s a laugh, carry on 😉

loddrik
    Free Member

Sorry, mine. Though his is in a similar mindset.

MoreCashThanDash

Depends which bone and how he broke it. Dropping a couch on your foot is funny. Broken back in a climbing accident may bring out my feminine side.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Laugh, it’s what mates are for!

binners

Routine for friends falling off their bike, while you’re out riding….

1. Saunter over to peer at now prone body down a ditch. Not too fast. Keep it nonchalant.
    2. Casually check (visually only of course) for movement/pulse/pools of blood/obviously broken limbs
    3. Point at them, and laugh like a drain. Making sure you get a photo too, which you immediately upload to the intrweb, with a comment about them being a total ****!!!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@binners – you forgot about checking their bike for any decent bits of kit you might want…

tinybits
    Free Member

your wife is full of sympathy?

Clearly having an affair and with no prospect of a knee trembler in the near future, she’s a bit upset.

hooli

Yep, fully within your rights to take the piss and tell as many mutual friends as possible.

A friend of mine greeted me last weekend as “hello you fat c*&t”, his wife slapped him and said sorry on his behalf. She was mortified and couldn’t understand how I didn’t mind.

binners

hooli – Its weird isn’t it? My best mate always introduces me to people with “this is Binners. He’s a bit of a ****!”. I generally regard it as a compliment, and if I’m honest, a slightly over-the-top public display of affection.

I don’t understand women with all this gushing “OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO… she’s absolutely lovely!!!” nonsense

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

The thread title is phrased in the singular.

I put it to the OP that this might be missing the mark a bit…

winston
    Free Member

The essence here is the method. Dropping a couch on your foot is a stupid thing to do, totally avoidable and thus your mate is a plonker and laughing like a drain is the correct response.

However as someone said, a climbing accident is not generally suitable material for pisstaking

Same with biking accidents – Falling over sideways at traffic lights in spds and breaking your arm is funny, the same injury caused by a car knocking you off isn’t. I’m not sure the fairer sex get this.

nbt

Agree entirely with the OP, you’d have to give me a sedative to stop me laughing

There’s this, too (with the exception of arty-farty ****s like Binners

martinhutch

However as someone said, a climbing accident is not generally suitable material for pisstaking

Depends if it involves a Whillans harness or not.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘The difference between men and women..’ is closed to new replies.