Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • The Dailymash
  • iolo
    Free Member

There always seem to be a few links to the dailymash.co.uk.
    Following the Bob Crow link so I went and had a look.
    Do you guys really find this kind of website amusing (not just that poor taste link for Bob)?
    Personally I find it bloody awful.

lowey

Yep. I find it hilarious.

29erKeith
    Free Member

So you went to a website you seem to know you didn’t like, and found you didn’t like it

and in other news different people like different things from other people

and no I don’t read the Mash or work for them 😉

tomhoward

I thought the Bob Crow link was very good. Not funny, but not meant to be, they were basically saying what massive shoes the next person had to fill

Jamie
    Free Member

tomhoward

Basically saying he was ace at what he did….

As the only union leader most people under 40 have ever heard of died, tube drivers said Bob Crow was the one person standing between them and trains driven by robot slaves.

Martin Bishop, a driver from Peckham, said: “I would very much like the RMT to advertise – immediately – for a New Person to Scare the Shit Out of Capitalists.

“However, I suspect it may now be time for me to drive a taxi.”

Meanwhile, across Britain opinion was divided between those who thought Bob Crow was really good at his job and those who thought he was really good at his job.

Crow’s supporters said he defended workers’ rights, while his opponents said he brought London to a standstill, leading experts to point out that both of those things are ‘comparatively rare’.

Julian Cook, professor of arguments at Roehampton University, said: “Most modern trade union leaders are actually just a made-up name and some spokesmen working in shifts.

“Also, do you have any idea how difficult it is to make Londoners talk about someone other than themselves?”

Wayne Hayes, an investment banker, said: “He brought the world’s most capitalist city to its knees on several occasions. I couldn’t do that and I genuinely believe I’m worth two million quid a year.”

Nathan Muir, a geography teacher, added: “If David Cameron and the Daily Mail think you’re not even remotely dangerous then you might want to ask yourself what the **** you’re doing.”

London mayor Boris Johnson said he was sad to hear of Bob Crow’s death, but stressed that he would now be able to remove the waterproof mattress cover from his bed.

interested to know which bit you found distastful?

MoreCashThanDash

Somes funny, somes not. Like stuff on here, or the telly. Often rather puerile, depends whether I’m in the mood or not.

Their piece a few years ago about Carla Bruni “motivating” Sarkozy to solve the Georgian crisis is still one of the funniest things I’ve read.

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

iolo,
    I do not think that article means what you think it means.

iolo
    Free Member

I had no idea what it was going to be like and went into it open eyed completely unbiased.
    Maybe today is a poor day. Maybe some days it’s funnier than the funniest thing ever.
    Based on what I see here I doubt it.

boxfish
    Free Member

OP, you’d better turn your PC off, quick, before you discover that there are probably many other such web pages you don’t like.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, as above. As with much comedy, especially of the topical variety, it’s hit and miss. That said, when it hits, it really hits!

Junkyard
    Free Member

What Cpt says when its good its brilliant but often its just a bit Mleh

lemonysam
    Free Member

That said, when it hits, it really hits!

Works for me

njee20
    Free Member

I have to say I’ve never read anything funny on there, but I’ve only ever followed links, never looked of my own vocation, perhaps I’d stumble upon funnier things then.

iolo
    Free Member

It must be a very Mleh day today. I only had a look as many on this from here salivate regularly.
    Looking today (for the first time as previously said) I don’t get it.
    My sense of humor chip must be broken if it is funny.

footflaps

Very funny.

Jamie
    Free Member

My sense of humor chip must be broken if it is funny.

Different people like different things. No harm in that.

Never really looked at the mash myself, though.

ScoobysM8
    Free Member

Maybe not the funniest thing the mash has ever done. But I can’t see how it’s offensive or distasteful

Kit
    Free Member

Best not go here then… http://www.framleyexaminer.com/

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I’d suggest that’s it’s more poignant than hilarious, a nice tip of the hat that delivers a wry smile.

cb

rogerthecat nails it.

nick1962
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kit – Member
    Best not go here then… http://www.framleyexaminer.com/

The Classified Ads section of that is simply marvellous. Surreal, silly but very, very funny.

DezB
    Free Member

I have to say there was something the other day that I didn’t find funny on some channel on the TV.
    I’m a fascinating bloke, me.

njee20
    Free Member

This one made me smile

Nope, nothing. I clearly just don’t ‘get it’, I can’t see any humour in that whatsoever!

binners

This tickled me the other day

iolo
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    I have to say there was something the other day that I didn’t find funny on some channel on the TV.
    I’m a fascinating bloke, me.

You sure are 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

This tickled me the other day

I’m just gonna duck out of this thread at this point, every article just seems far too forced for my liking, the whole thing just reads to me like a bunch of kids desperately trying (and failing) to write anything amusing!

iolo
    Free Member

Well said njee20

Jamie
    Free Member

After saying the above, I did quite like this.

iolo
    Free Member

Jamie, go to the doctor immediately

DezB
    Free Member

I’m just gonna duck out of this forum at this point, every post just seems far too forced for my liking, the whole thing just reads to me like a bunch of kids desperately trying (and failing) to write anything amusing!

I thank you.

ourmaninthenorth

It’s hardly Waugh or even Private Eye, but as satire* it does have its moments (in a rather sixth form kind of way).

*maybe that’s why the non-laughers aren’t laughing. I rarely LOL at satire.

njee20
    Free Member

I’m just gonna duck out of this forum at this point, every post just seems far too forced for my liking, the whole thing just reads to me like a bunch of kids desperately trying (and failing) to write anything amusing!

That made me smile more than anything on the DM!

hooli

Genuine question to the OP.

If you have seen links on here before, you know roughly what to expect. Why did you go there to find something on somebody who died less than 24 hours ago if you don’t find that sort of thing funny?

Sounds to me like you were looking for something to be offended by.

edlong
    Free Member

The Mash piece that always reminds me of this place, is the one about camper vans (and myself, owning a rusting piece of seldom used “freedom” too)

This one here

iolo
    Free Member

@hooli
    Really not looking at something to be offended at. Looking at something humerous possibly celebrating a life as there always seem to be dailymash links – none of which I’ve clicked on ever made me laugh hence my thread.

tomhoward

Still interested what you thought was in poor taste in the Crow article?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘The Dailymash’ is closed to new replies.