• This topic has 73 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • The cyclist and the LGV driver,
  • project
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-QhOvO3IWg[/video]

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Do you know who that was??!!

Ronnie Pickering!!

breadcrumb

Cyclist was a knob. Trucky wasn’t much better.

SaxonRider

Jeez. A bit of forgiveness wouldn’t have gone amiss there. 😯

flyingmonkeycorps

I liked the bit where the cyclist couldn’t get his backpack back on. The rest of it just makes me despair for the human race.

brakes
    Free Member

worst fight ever.

brakes
    Free Member

… and who picked that as a soundtrack to the video??

molgrips
    Free Member

What did the driver actually do? I have the sound off and I’ve also skipped ahead, what did I miss?

copa
    Free Member

What a great summation of modern Britain.

Stressed and angry people bickering and fighting between themselves to the tune of inane sports celebrity chatter. Is this a Banksy installation?

stevedoc
    Free Member

Pair of oxygen thieves ,worlds f**ked simple as

MSP

What did the driver actually do?

From what I can tell the driver decided to prove his point by keeping the cyclist trapped in a dangerous road position.

Thankfully as demonstrated by that taxi/cyclist collision video that is doing the rounds not everyone on the roads is looking for a conflict (although it sometimes feels like it) and mistakes can sometimes be sorted with a handshake.

project
    Free Member

… and who picked that as a soundtrack to the video??

it was the radio on in the cab

What did the driver actually do? I have the sound off and I’ve also skipped ahead, what did I miss?

the chap riding the bike with attidude was overtaking the lgv

STATO
    Free Member

What did the driver actually do?

Text says cyclist was in right hand lane at junction (behind white van which merged in front of truck)

Cyclist obviously presumed lorry should have waited to let him in front? (sound off also).

STATO
    Free Member

From what I can tell the driver decided to prove his point by keeping the cyclist trapped in a dangerous road position.

Were both lanes straight on then? cant tell from video, also cant tell how much cyclist was alongside or why he thought he should also be allowed to merge in front of lorry?

MSP

It was a bad move by the cyclist to start with trying to jump the traffic at the lights, but the driver sees him and keeps the cyclist trapped on the outside for ages while mouthing off (which they both seem quite eager to do), cyclist could have stopped in the middle of the road and let the truck drive off, but that doesn’t feel like it would be a safe manoeuvre either.

Junkyard
    Free Member

daft from both of them but not sure why the cyclist tried to out race a truck from the light or not give up when they were losing

As for the “fight” FFS that was terrible on so many levels not least of which was ability to actually fight which was matched only by the point of the fight

Cyclist started it , truck driver was equally a nobhead but the cyclist started it – assuming the cyclist tries to overtake from the lights

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Putting aside what went on before….

Why on earth would you pick a fight with an HGV… ?

How could that have resulted any differently ??

STATO
    Free Member

but the driver keeps the cyclist trapped on the outside for ages

but by the time the lorry has got half way into the junction to realise the cyclist is staying alongside there is already not enough space (short of the lorry doing an emergency stop) to let the cyclist catch up and get infront. So if the cyclist did decide to stay alongside at that point (and we dont know if he did) then youve already gone across the rest of the junction in the time it takes for the driver to confirm this, so as he was (still) in front of the cyclist stopping the lorry would have done nothing.

Junkyard
    Free Member

that fight gets worse every time i watch it

Bez

I don’t necessarily want to imply that either protagonist isn’t behaving like a bit of a bumcandle, but I note that when the van/lorry is stationary at the beginning of the video you can hear someone banging on it (from 0:32).

Which, if you ask me, implies that something happened prior to the start of the video.

I suspect we may only have a potentially small part of the story here.

bigjim

Is this some kind of budget British set version of Grand Theft Auto?

MSP

but by the time the lorry has got half way into the junction to realise the cyclist is staying alongside there is already not enough space (short of the lorry doing an emergency stop) to let the cyclist catch up and get infront

Listen to the sound, there is a conversation (of a kind) going on between the driver and the cyclist while moving.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Was this that Ultra White Collar boxing thingy with pondo ?

STATO
    Free Member

Listen to the sound, there is a conversation (of a kind) going on between the driver and the cyclist while moving.

Just played it again, conversation well after the junction. Nothing before that. Agreed at that point the lorry driver could (should) have conceded ground for safety but he was well through the point at which the a merge should have happened. Having heard it the cyclist is definitely a prat for trying the force the overtake completely past the point at which he could (should!) have conceded (at the end of the box junction) for his own safety.

welshfarmer

What we need is the right to bear arms

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

The white transit van is in a lane thats right turn only,

Lights change,

Van is quicker than HGV and manages to nip in front.

Ricky Hatton on the other hand is not, as the lane narrows he,s pinched on the outside

The roads narrows and battle commences.

seadog101

Knob^Knob…

mrsfry
    Free Member

Not happy with the soundtrack. I was deeply disturbed by it 🙁

What’s up with the pedestrian at the end having a go at the cycling numpty?

belugabob
    Free Member

As bewildering as that video is, I find it strange that the HGV driver had ‘no issues’ with the white van abusing the ‘right turn’ lane, but took exception to the cyclist doing it (both van and cyclist were out of order, though)

Tribalism, I suppose.

Junkyard
    Free Member

no this was Ultra shite boxing

spooky_b329

Cyclist has clearly lost the plot but there is something going on at the lights. The lorry keeps edging forward either to block someone in the outside lane, or because the cyclist wants a word. You also see a brief reflection in the window of the car in front.

The fact the video doesn’t show anything before this is a clue there has already been some sort of interaction between fistycuffs cyclist and bolshy trucker.

butcher

The fact the video doesn’t show anything before this is a clue there has already been some sort of interaction between fistycuffs cyclist and bolshy trucker.

Or that nothing happened before this point 😮

Given that none of the video makes sense though, I’d be inclined to believe there’s more to it.

scotroutes

Isn’t that just some noise from the skip lorry passing by? It certainly gets louder as it approaches and then fades as it passes.

Cyclist was a prick. The first part of the “fight” appears to be the driver just holding the cyclist back while he makes some pretty ineffectual swings with his fist. I’m guessing the driver had to get out of the cab to move the bike that had been lent up against it.

Bez

Isn’t that just some noise from the skip lorry passing by? It certainly gets louder as it approaches and then fades as it passes.

I don’t think it’s that. You hear it again at 0:44 and then when the cyclist appears to thump the cab at 1:20 there’s a very similar noise. Then at 1:35 another similar noise, which—given that the driver appears in shot a couple of seconds later—could well be the driver’s door shutting: something which would have a broadly similar effect on an internal mic.

Could be something else making the noise, of course. I’d just be rather cautious about assuming that this video’s the whole story. Might be, might not.

Anyway, where’s Ronnie Pickering when you need him, eh?

ninfan
    Free Member

F*** knows what the cyclist was doing in that lane/position to go straight on…

However when it comes to the fight, I’m damn sure that if a driver gets out of his vehicle then the rider can take that as a sign that he is fully justified in striking first (pre-emptive self defence).

scotroutes

Unless the driver had to get out for another reason – like moving the bike away.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

arrrrr yes sunny South Reddish always a good spot for a wee punch up, surprised the locals didn’t give-em both a good shoeing.

duckman

Ninfan,does that mean the cyclist can then walk towards him,throw a punch and then continue to throw them,without reply until the driver sweeps his legs away? If the cyclist was in the right and had carried out “pre-emptive self defence” why was he so keen to clear off at the end? Actually we don’t have enough comparisons to rape apologists for anybody suggesting the cyclist is a cock, where is Aracer? Usual speculation here about what might have happened before,because obviously no cyclist can be in the wrong.

wicki
    Free Member

The cyclist is the worst advert for cycling and brings shame on us all,the trucker shows huge restraint and just holds him in view of the camera for future prosecution i hope he gets whats comming its common assault.

cookeaa

Humanity at its finest!

Happy slapping one another in the street over some traffic based disagreement, then posting it on YouTube for a court of uninformed to pontificate and argue about…

What an utterly magnificent species we are becoming…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘The cyclist and the LGV driver,’ is closed to new replies.