Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The Crab (yoga content)
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t do yoga but I can still do a crab, some 30 years after I last tried.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You clearly do crabby most days 😉

jambourgie
    Free Member

It’s called ‘wheel’ around here. I can do it too. getting out of it however…

Jamie
    Free Member

Why would you post this? I now have quite the mental image.

Stupid, sexy Molgrips 😡

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6vPQL_aYfI[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing. We do need a picture though !

I did Yoga and I hated crab, seemed like a good way to break my neck if it went wrong.

molgrips
    Free Member

I did need a cushion under my head to get me started.

Holding the position is a bloody good workout mind. I had a book with yoga positions in that I thought I’d try to help strength and flexibility – but most of them were just sitting in a nice position for a bit, not enough to get my heart going.

I need to increase flexibility, got to try and hold off old age.

racefaceec90

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXA9ftH5cr4[/video]

Danny79
    Free Member

I’m no expert and only just getting back into yoga but it’s not so much about holding a set of poses as about how you transition between poses. If it’s not much of a work out then you need to work on how you transition might not be that well covered in a book better off with video or better still an instructor.

For example moving from downward dog to cobra when just starting out an instructor will have you drop to your knees first then arch into cobra later you’ll learn to do it as a Hindu push-up.

Yoga can be as much of a work-out as you want to make it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah I know that I know nothing without an instructor, but signing up to a gym isn’t so easy when you’re travelling around for work.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yoga is great for flexibility and core strength as well as clearing your mind, de-stressing. I did a couple of very specific workshops and its amazing how much you can get out of the basic positions and sun salutation. Plus you can do it anywhere and you don’t need lots of daft equipment. To me Yoga is about controlling your breathing and reducing your heart rate, Ashtanga was developed as most blokes (especially Western) like the idea of leaping about to increase heart rate.

molgrips
    Free Member

I like increasing my heart rate 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The Crab (yoga content)’ is closed to new replies.