Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The Comedy Off.
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Today, at Chopwell, I spied a route again that I had wanted to try but kept forgetting to back trace to the start. I had a good idea as to where it was going from so tracked down the start and gave it a go.

At the end of it was a fairly steep muddy section, leading to a steepish, but what looked like rollable out through some deep mud onto the fireroad.
    I went down, picked up speed, hit the deep mud, which turned out to not only be deep, but the hard bit of ground under it was angled to the left.
    Front wheel got sent flying to the left, I slammed the brakes on which only made me pivot faster on my rear wheel.

As I was moving, turning to the left I realised that I was about to go straight into a rather deep puddle/hole to the left about two foot down from where I was.
    For a few moments I was balanced there nearly vertical, looking into grey dirty water, thinking about how I was going to get out of it, then I was lying on my side in it, feeling like a complete plum. Soaking wet and somewhat thankfil I hadn’t managed to trap myself.

Any comedy offs today?

steve_b77
    Free Member

My mate this morning, riding a trail we’d just ridden up in reverse, took a slight wrong turn followed by the cry of I think we’ve gone wroooooooooooooong as his front wheel dropped into a foot deep puddle of soft mud over a root and he did a very slow superman over the bars and landed in said puddle.

O had to stop otherwise I would’ve crashed from the laughing, proper funny 😆 Best thign was he was only muddy/wet down one side so looked like he was perfectly clean from one view.

grahamh
    Free Member

Had a minor off in the FoD today!
    Rode the FS which is still fitted with summer tyres (Hutchingson Cobras).
    So steep slope I normal breeze, front wheel washout and ended up wrapped round a tree.
    Ended up having to take my shoe off to expredite myself from the situation 😳

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Last Sunday i came off a wooden bridge.It was soaking wet and has no mesh on it,It was very dull in the woods and i had no lights with me.As my front wheel reached the end of the bridge it slid sideways and the front wheel dropped int the swampy ditch chucking me OTB,I piled drove what i thought was bracken and grass,this turned out to be an old tree stump.I had sore neck and shoulder ache for 3 days and my Giro Zen when i looked has cracked through nearly everyone of the front stiffeners 😯

At least the helmet did its job.

Kahurangi

Yeah, Tall Paul somehow decided to go swimming in a 2ft deep puddle on Eshells Common.

And (I wasn’t there) but saw a fellow STW’er going over the bars in Spain. Again, again, and again many a time. We may have had a good chortle over that one.

I’m sure the video will appear shortly…. 😈

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘The Comedy Off.’ is closed to new replies.