Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The 'Classic' Nidderdale Loop – what is it?
  • matthewlhome
    Free Member

Pately Bridge is nice and near to my sister in laws house. this means i may be able to negotiate a ride out whilst my wife and daughter visit them.

But… what is the classic loop? I know its the first hoop around the bottom lake, where does it go after that? what is the best way to go, and which are the best bits of trail if i want to shorten it or cherry pick sections?

Thanks in advance.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Scar house reservoir. Easiest route is to get to the end of gouthwaite reservoir and head up the track. Have a look on a map.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Middlesmoor over top to drop down to
    Scar house res., over res. up hill a short distance turn right
    bridleway contours round back towards lofthouse
    eventually cross a road onto another bridleway
    drop down to Ramsgill (might be Wath?)

MRanger156
    Free Member

http://www.mtbthedales.org.uk/mtb-home/mtb-findaroute/mtb-route-nidderdale.htm

This is the second loop and by far the better of the two. Combine with the first resevoir loop for a longer ride.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

It's all weather btw, so still good on a wet day

bear-uk
    Free Member

Middlesmoor bit was awful a week ago due to the snow.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

It's all weather btw, so still good on a wet day

doing it in early December about 2003 was one of my all time 5 worse rides ever 🙂 This is the nicest shot of it I was able to find:

bear-uk
    Free Member

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies. I think i could combing me being dropped off for a ride with Mrs & Baby Lea going into Harrogate or similar.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The 'Classic' Nidderdale Loop – what is it?’ is closed to new replies.