Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The Canadian woman who is suspected of killing her two babies
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Mother accused of killed her babies

It’s a tragic story, really tragic.

It looks like she is/was suffering from severe post natal depression. She was prevented from appearing in court today and may be sectioned.

What happens in cases like this, what kind of charges are brought by the CPS if it is confirmed that PND is the mitigating factor?

mcboo
    Free Member

maybe sometimes we could do without a thread on a story……just saying.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not well informed enough to answer and this is just so tragic i dont really want to STW it anyway.

JAG

Serious face time.

I had a female relative who did something similar to this about 100 years ago. She was sent to Broadmoor and died there 40 years later. No treatment and no understanding of her situation at the time – just prison/hospital for the rest of her life 😥

I hope this woman get’s better treatment.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Sad thing is, this really isn’t out of the orindary at all, there are people killing each other (or their children) every day due to depression or mental illness, it just happens that journo’s have picked up on this one that’s hit the press.

PND will come under diminished responsibility, she has been charged with murder, if her defence can prove she suffered PND then she will be convicted of manslaughter, as to sentencing, no one can say on that, it could be anything. There are huge influencing factors for sentencing. Potentially sentenced under MH act, could get a indefinite, 41 with (37) restriction. Tragic and so sad, hope she (and her husband) get the care and support they need. Not only has he lost his two babies, but he’s also lost his wife.

geetee1972
    Free Member

it just happens that journo’s have picked up on this one that’s hit the press.

Most likely because she was young, pretty and wealthy. The unspoken part of the media’s interest is that people like nothing more than to read about the fall of others from higher places than they (and no that’s not why I am interested; there are other reasons).

It’s very sad indeed; I do wonder whether her husband would ever be able to forgive her. I hope so for his sake as he was apparentlty smitten by her.

philconsequence
    Free Member

PND will come under diminished responsibility, she has been charged with murder, if her defence can prove she suffered PND then she will be convicted of manslaughter, as to sentencing, no one can say on that, it could be anything. There are huge influencing factors for sentencing. Potentially sentenced under MH act, could get a indefinite, 41 with (37) restriction. Tragic and so sad, hope she (and her husband) get the care and support they need. Not only has he lost his two babies, but he’s also lost his wife.

sounds about right, although i’m unsure if its the same in canada… thats definitely what i would predict to happen if it happened in this country.

geetee1972
    Free Member

thats definitely what i would predict to happen if it happened in this country.

It did happen here, in Wandsworth. They are here because his work brought him to London.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘The Canadian woman who is suspected of killing her two babies’ is closed to new replies.