Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The C2W scheme – VAT on your payments – is that not a change of contract?
  • fisha
    Free Member

I know that come 2012, anyone on the C2W scheme will start paying VAT on their monthly payments … its a done deal and I know its been talked about before.

But can someone explain to me why that change is not considered a change in the terms of you contract that you signed when you start the 12month deal? And if so, should you not need to re-sign the contract, or at least agree to it?

I understand that the final value thing isn’t something that your supposed to know until the end of the 12months … however, you do sign agreement into paying out a set/agreed amount each month for a period of 12 months. To me, thats a type of contract which both should be held to.

Why is it that they can come along and change that amount without you agreeing to it ?

Or is that an overly simplistic view of things ?

matthewlhome
    Free Member

VAT is a tax so probably not related to the contract itself?

konabunny
    Free Member

1) Who is your contract with?

2) Who mandated the charging of VAT?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve just re-read the HMRC guidance and it appears to me that VAT has always been payable on the monthly hire payments and the final payment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘The C2W scheme – VAT on your payments – is that not a change of contract?’ is closed to new replies.