Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The Bristish summer ! (pics)
  • knottie8
    Free Member

I mananged two routes on Dartmoor both with lots of rain and just a tiny bit of sun! Two punctures and a real soaking. Comments ?

click the pic for more pics.

racefaceec90

fantastic pics!!!would love to cycle there!!!

cinnamon_girl

Well done on the bivi knottie! Dartmoor really does do "atmospheric" so well and nice to see some familiar places too 🙂

Like the bike with the wicker basket, what was the bird?

knottie8
    Free Member

Lucky you ! The rain has just stopped here in Taunton.

foxyrider
    Free Member

knottie8 – Thats my local riding you are on there – nice there isn't it 😉 Challacombe down towards hexworthy and then up onto the moor!

knottie8
    Free Member

Foxyrider
    I ride there often enough to be localish. I love it there but its better when the wind and rain stay away. I like that route as its just about SS able by me and has great views.
    CG
    Tis a Buzzard

foxyrider
    Free Member

yeh the wind and rain on the moor can be pretty shocking – I like it when its nice weather of course but the moor always has its own climate as I am sure you have found 😉

Familiar? In good weather 😉

knottie8
    Free Member

Foxyrider
    So where is the dog pic taken ? He's always sat on the wall but where to ?

slugwash
    Free Member

The Bristish summer

Slurred typing errh? Was you sampling some of the Dartmoor Brewery's fine ales when you were up on the moor then Knottie? Jail Ale's my favourite.

Nice piccies and it seems like you had a good time. But, it's not bloody fair 'cos this is my view of Dartmoor on the ride into work but domestic circumstances and the call of the sea have kept me down at lower altitudes.

Next weekend though, whatever the weather 🙂

knottie8
    Free Member

I did pop in the pub for a pint of Jail ale and yes the moors a great place what ever the weather.

splatz
    Free Member

snixsplatzmountainbikingphotos.fotopic.net/c1733321

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

nice pics there. Here's a quick 'summery' of my summer so far in video format

Here comes the summer!

slugwash
    Free Member

Splatz's piccie without clicking on his link.

Yep, it must be summer!

EDIT:

Arrghh! It didn't work. Visualise a wet & dripping, philosophical mountainbiker 😉

splatz
    Free Member

I've read the guide on gettng pics into this but can't get it to work at all.

http://snixsplatzmountainbikingphotos.fotopic.net/p59913726.html Try again.

Raining in the Lakes…..

knottie8
    Free Member

good work splatz…. now thats a summer….. but hang on , thats just like my weekend .

splatz
    Free Member

Out last night with the guys from Biketreks…..I swear someone just continually poured a bucket of water on me for 2 hours.

Trick is to visualise having fun in the wet and then go and have fun!!

slugwash
    Free Member

…..I swear someone just continually poured a bucket of water on me for 2 hours.

That must explain why your photo's shrunk then 😉 …..

dartmoor_rocks
    Free Member

mr knottie

think the cloud appreciation society will like some of those pics.

splatz
    Free Member

Very good Slugwash – laughing now.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Thanks so much for sharing your ride pics

I love the big skies

Stranger
    Free Member

Well, I had a nice push in the Lakes on Saturday – plenty of sun!

Dibbs
    Free Member

I waited all day for the rain to stop, in the end at around half six I said sod it and went out in the rain, by the time I'd ridden up to Lydeard Hill (Quantocks) 25 minutes later, the sun was out and the rest of the ride was gorgeous, most of the trails where like rivers though. I'm glad that I waited now.

foxyrider
    Free Member

knottie the piccies is thought the wall (prehistoric) at hookney down accross to coombe down ans the steps are down to the road just after Grimspound (prehistoric village) 😉

oldfart

hope you didn't ask for lemonade in the Jail Ale this time !!!

el_creedo
    Free Member

Oh Dartmoor – Saturday was good (I rode from Exeter to Ivybridge cross-moor), this is Water Oak Corner (much better to go down than up!):

Bonehill down:

Pint of Badger Lemony Snicket (shamefully a Dorset Ale) at The Village Inn at Widecombe half way across:

More of my Dartmoor pics here

jam-bo

were you out on the moors yesterday? that was proper wet….

fontmoss
    Free Member

Crappy weather in Madrid

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘The Bristish summer ! (pics)’ is closed to new replies.