Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • The Boat that Guy Built
  • momo

He’s from North Lincolnshire, Lives in a village between Caistor and Brigg.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

best thing i’ve seen on the beeb for ages.
    he was a definite natural telly presenter, i’m hooked!

hora
    Free Member

I’d love a canal boat and to be able to ride a bike properly 😆

robidoo
    Free Member

Saw him at Fairholmes last month in full Hope gear on his Alpine, recognised his face (sideburns) but it wasn’t till later I realised who he was.
    The on board footage of him riding the TT is mental.

Northwind

Should have him doing the voiceovers as well. TV needs more wild-eyed enthusiastic people.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep, brilliant! Had me giggling a lot, but 1/2 an hour left me gagging for more TBH

Can’t wait for the next one! 😀

miketually
    Free Member

Just about to watch it on iPLayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00z8jdv

MrOvershoot

PeterPoddy – Member

Yep, brilliant! Had me giggling a lot, but 1/2 an hour left me gagging for more TBH

Can’t wait for the next one!

Pretty much the same here, met him @ a track day at Croft, one of the best day’s I have ever had (I was proper slow as he had us in stitches and I kept missing the apex’s for laughing) real man’s man without any bullshit

epicyclo

Loved the show, never heard of him before. Looks like good craic.

If you liked this show, you’ll be interested in David J Gingery Publishing

Basically how to build anything.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

just watched on the iplayer. Great telly.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Another big thumbs up from me… brilliant 🙂

BFITH
    Free Member

Me and the boy (9) watched it last night….He’s asked me to set a ‘series record’!…..proper father and son telly!!!

ski
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

Should have him doing the voiceovers as well. TV needs more wild-eyed enthusiastic people.

I agree, thats the only thing that let it down for me was the female voiceover, it just did not seem to fit in well sometimes (imho), apart from that top class viewing, cannot wait to see the rest of the series.

freddyg
    Free Member

Great telly. I actually quite liked Lisa Tarbucks voice over.

Guy is a top bloke, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting him twice. Once at the TT and once at a bike show. Lovely fella.

Harry_the_Spider

I enjoyed it too. His enthusiasm is infectious.

Anterton boat lift is nowhere near Worsley. It gave to impression that he just popped over there once he’d finished buggering about in the canal side bushes and the potteries are miles away too! I suppose that it had to be editted down or they would need 35 very dull episodes.

Olly
    Free Member

All the glitz and sheen of motorbike racing

EEeeeee, i were all of a dither.

redted
    Free Member

I ride pushbikes with him most tuesday nights and he’s a scream, proper proper funny without even realising it. He comes out with some belters. It’s like talking to an Ardman animations creature comfort character!

I thought that it would come across as a bit contrived but the show sums him up pretty well really, genuinely enthusiastic about everything.

I was pissing myself when he poured out the molten iron then immediately starts trying to strip the mould down to see what he’d made, the other fellas expression was like, “What the **** do you think you’re doing you nutter, you’ll take everyones face off!”

Still surprises me how many folk know or recognise him, we were wandering round Oudennarde last year at the Tour of Flanders and people were wandering up to him.

The BBC have signed him up for another 3 years so I’m thinking that they have a fair degree of faith in him.

alexxx
    Free Member

Sadly I just watched it and its got SOUTHERN written all over the entire production.. its just a rip off of what a that guy from the fast show does on Quest.

It’s all about being that likeable connectable celebrity and sadly the only way to do it is by stringing reams of facts together with a vo artist and a few “WA-ters”.

Makes me sad.

I’m going for a proper brew

z1ppy

Still not watched it yet – it’s on tonight’s TV schedule in the z1ppy household.

BUT

PeterPoddy – Member
    Youtube is banned here at work, but can someone please try and find the interview Guy gave at the TT (last year I think) when he was very pissed off.

Anyone got a link for this as my google skills have failed me (manx radio site link is dead), as it sounds entertaining going by his other video’s, especially the TT 2010 Supersport Race 1 winner’s interview, on the previous page.
    Anyone pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease with cherrie’s on top 😉

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

‘bump’ I need to see this clip I remember it but wouldnt mind a second look)

Blower
    Free Member

met him in lakes last year,sat had a brew with him,chatted for a while.
    top bloke,funny,was laughing about his crash at last years TT and his back injury 😮

CountZero

Watched tonights and it just gets better. Top blokes, him and his mate. The bog comparison was genius, never ever seen anything like that done before, and as for a steam powered shower…
    Sure it’s not unlike some other TV series; Fred Dibnah, obviously, and James May, but it’s perfect bloke telly, funny chap with a love of messing about with machinery. How can it fail, really? It’s what the beeb was created for.
    And I’d never heard of Guy before, either.

Rich
    Free Member

It was alright, not as good as I’d hoped chief. Reminded me of Top Gear with the banter and tests.

DezB
    Free Member

Nothing like Top Gear. Guy and his mate have personalities.

racefaceec90

have seen both programs so far.was intrigued when i first saw advert (man he looks like that tt racer i said to myself).have thoroughly enjoyed both episodes (i do like the old engineering of brunel e.t.c something about all that shiny brass/high pressure steam e.t.c) he definitely comes across as a genuine nice guy (no pun intended).you can just tell that he is totally passionate about engineering (definitely like a modern fred dibnah)also he can sure ride a motorcycle.will definitely be watching the rest of them. 🙂

finbar
    Free Member

I stumbled across this last night without knowing what it was. Couldn’t figure out why Hugh Jackman and Jason Statham were building a steam-powered shower.

timmys

If I heard right then he’s testing those mountain bike things on the Gadget Show next week.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘The Boat that Guy Built’ is closed to new replies.