Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • The Bluebell Thread
  • cinnamon_girl

Remember last year with those super pics posted up by riders enjoying the displays of bluebells in their local woods?

Let’s have a register of bluebell sightings so … post up name of wood with location and if you can take a pic, that would be brilliant!

Apologies but haven’t seen any in my part of the world but am regularly checking 😀

Over to you …

jova54
    Free Member

Not seen any in bloom down in Surrey yet but plenty of plants showing through the undergrowth so should only be a short time.

soobalias
    Free Member

south bucks, there are some in a garden near me that are out…. all the proper ones in the woods are just a carpet of green at the moment.

i reckon two or three weeks

cinnamon_girl

Thanks guys but I’m sure someone posted bluebell pics last week, can’t remember what part of the country though. Must confess to being a bit jealous 😳

IanMunro
    Free Member

What the others have said, more likey to be end of april / beginining of may to get the big displays.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

How about some Bluebell Girls in the meantime?

Is that display big enough for ya?

cinnamon_girl

Yes, I thought it was too early but a pic was definitely posted up on here last week. Anyone have any last year’s pics that they want to postup to keep me happy 🙄

Early indications are that this could be a good year – shoots are really heading skyward 😀

Mike – nah, they don’t look pretty!

cinnamon_girl

Thanks jova!

rOcKeTdOg

too early for round here, mid April should see the start

mamadirt
    Free Member

A few years ago now (May time) but will this do?

Bluebell D/H (as I’ve named it on my GPS) at Wentwood forest. No sign of any yet though (rode it last week).

cinnamon_girl

Mama – that does look pretty!

Any more pics of bluebells anyone? Pretty please?

aw
    Free Member

I live in Bluebell Hill Village in Kent…I will have a look 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

We’se seen some in a little park in Deptford, yesterday, on the STW London Pootle.

Keva
    Free Member

here’s one from a couple or three years ago…

cinnamon_girl

Bluebell village – that sounds lovely!

Bluebells in London RudeBoy? Surprised they can survive with those fumes!

Waves to Keva! Is that wood worth a visit then Kev? Dare I ask where it is?

In the meantime, I have resorted to burning a bluebell candle and what a gorgeous scent it has 😀

Keva
    Free Member

Hi CG! <waves> You have ridden in that wood before but when you were there it was cold, wet and windy and not the same place it is in spring time ! It’s the cheeky bit near the end of the ride. I have some other photos on my PC at home showing some of the trail so I’ll see if I can make time to upload them at lunchtime you might recognise it then.

Kev

watly_biker
    Free Member

Cinnamon girl – no pics yet but I live in the Chilterns (Watlington) and there are loads of excellent bluebell woods – green shoots only so far but give it a few weeks and it will be beautiful.

thomthumb
    Free Member

4out of 5 of us don’t know what they are!!

redthunder
    Free Member

19 March 2009

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Bloody hell was that really a year ago.? 🙁

Reluctant
    Free Member

The best i could find in my collection 😳 from spring 06 in Leigh Woods, Bristol.

redthunder
    Free Member

Some from a few years back…

More Here
    http://www.zooomr.com/photos/15397@Z01/

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Cinnamon Girl,

Upon reflection, and from the overwhelming evidence presented here, I have to confess that my peurile contribution from yesterday is something of which to be very ashamed.
    One cannot help but be humbled by the real beauty of woodland in the spingtime, and even through the sterile medium of a photograph on a computer screen those bluebells affect my soul in a deeper way that a troupe of topless dancing girls could. Seriously.

(However, take me to a Parisian Revue, and fill me with fine champagne and I may debate this point at length, albeit with divided attention.)

Yours

Mike T-23

antigee

riding along at the weekend after having just rung the local police about the half dozen peeps on expensive enduro style MX thingies spotted racing in the local woods (thats Wharncliffe) i was thinking do the 4×4 and MX forums feature bluebells?

aracer
    Free Member

Will violets do? Will take some piccies of our back garden if so.

CHB

Taken last year.

doug_basqueMTB.com

18th of May 2008 in Glasgow…

Alphabet

A couple of years ago.

jova54
    Free Member

Couldn’t find any bluebell pics but in the spirit of plants with colour names here is some greengage blossom from my garden to be going on with.

Pook

last year heading up the porter clough – might get some more tonight

cinnamon_girl

A big “thank you” to everyone for contributing. The pics are gorgeous and am getting very excited in anticipation of this year’s display 😀

MikeT – your intentions were good! You are forgiven!

Actually, I’m a tinsy bit jealous that redthunder has seen them already but have enjoyed his excellent pics anyway.

Keep ’em coming!

verbal_kint
    Free Member

This guy does it for me, got one of his prints on my wall, gives me a nice feeling in the middle of winter to look at it
    bluebells- staffhurst woods

redthunder
    Free Member

Taken Thursday … It was only a trip to work. Sorry about the coat, bag, cycleclips etc.

Could’nt resist a zip off road 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

Deleted

redthunder
    Free Member

Double Drat

JulianA
    Free Member

Not Bluebells, not this year and not this country, but I like this one, taken in the Keukenhof Gardens 30k or so from Amsterdam. The blue flowers are Grape Hyacinths (Muscari armeniacum – OK I had to look that bit up, I admit!)

redthunder
    Free Member

Forget Bluebells… show me your Wood Anemones..

JulianA
    Free Member

redthunder
    Free Member

Only four 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘The Bluebell Thread’ is closed to new replies.