Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The Bike Tree Sheffield
  • Pook

I've been in loads of bike shops about the place and had some interesting experiences of 'customer service' in many including lots of my local ones.
    I went into the The Bike Tree in Sheffield the other week for some advice and a service on some forks.
    Never have I felt so instantly welcome in a bike shop as I was in this place, and I wasn't made to feel like some kind of moron by the guys working in there. I was given honest, good advice about my bike and
    I really hope they make a success of the shop, 'cos in my mind, this is what a bike shop should be about. The flapjack on offer there too was fantastic.
    I don't doubt they will be a success now either (after my initial ill placed, ill informed fears) as they've seemed busy whenever I've been in, and I'll definitely be taking my bike in soon for a service.

Perfectly placed too for trips out to the Peak.

Good shop.

cp

2nd'ed. Nice shop & good guys. Complete contrast to, ooo, just about every other bike shop in Sheffied (except La Bicicleta!)).

[edit] I hope they can keep that spirit going once they start taking on extra staff. That becomes tricky…

freeform5spot
    Free Member

like it, handy, good layout but is a bit dark (unless they were having a power cut when I went!)

scruzer
    Free Member

I only found out about these guys 2 days ago from the Yeti forum. Sent them an email to say hello. Im hoping they say hello back before I get the chance to call in. We need new blood in South Yorkshire!!! Though Trail Monkeys were good too when I popped by in Bradwell…

thepodge
    Free Member

They are now the ONLY place in Sheffield and / or Leeds that I trust with my bike and the only place i'm happy to recommend to friends. its just a pity I don't have more cash to spend with them

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

yeah trailmonkeys are good as are 18 in hope, not been in bike tree yet but as soon as i have some spare cash i'll be nipping in!

SigmaF
    Free Member

Thanks guys…really kind words!!

It's a bit of a worry sometimes, with a new business when you're mega busy and trying not to drop too many balls!!

We've made a few mistakes and seem to be endlessly 'optimising' processes….but, I'm sure that we'll get there!!

Good point re. new staff and consistency of customer service…..we're looking for new guys now but finding suitable friendly knowledgeable folk isn't always easy!!

Be sure to keep letting us know what you want from your LBS!!

I'm about to start ordering in some winter stock/lights etc so let us know what you'd like us to stock!!

Oh, and some 2011 bikes are with us already!!

Cheers

Scott

thebiketree.co.uk

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The Bike Tree Sheffield’ is closed to new replies.