Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • the bike outlet – york. experiences?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

having ordered some clothing a week ago i rang them today to find the were only posted yesterday! whats been going on for the last week since i payed them…slackers!

uplink
    Free Member

I ordered some 'in stock, ready for despatch' wheels from them
    When I chased them a week later they were expecting stock any day now

other than that – they were OK

crasher
    Free Member

I received a bottom bracket from them yesterday that I ordered last Tuesday, not bad for a bank hol. Also got charged 6 pound for postage and on the package it said £2 odd. Still worked out cheaper than anywhere else though so no big deal.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    odannyboy
    Free Member

seems there no chain reaction…

warpcow
    Free Member

I was going to order some hope hoops from them cos the price seemed excellent, but they wanted £40 per wheel(!) for postage. I knew it would be a bit cos it's to Sweden but that much is ridiculous. Still, like dannyboy says, I guess they're not really a big retailer.

Dango
    Free Member

I doubt I'd use them again, ordered some forks on Tuesday lunchtime £650 and was told they would be despatched immediately, nothing came Wednesday, chased them today and was told they despatched them yesterday (Wednesday) on next day delivery, they gave me a tracking number that doesnt exist and telephone number for a courier that nobody answers and yet again no delivery today.

Absolute rubbish and I paid £10 for a delivery that is yet to take place

So either they are liars, or they use cr@p couriers

Danger-Mouse
    Free Member

I wont ever order from them again!

I ordered a set of Rev Teams a little while ago, they didn't send anything for a least a week even though the webby said that it was instock! I then call them to chase the order and was told that the forks would be sent out. A few days later the forks arrived but, they were ex-display, and they also sent them in a box for a different fork and a different year which also had the wrong type of spacers in it.

Sent these back, and was advised of when the next delivery was due in, this date came and went and nothing. To top it off I got different stories about stock etc depending on who I happened to talk to, they never answer emails ref custom service issues, only 1 they replied to was when I wanted to buy in the first place!

Won't bother with them again, no siree 👿

Dango
    Free Member

Four days for a next day delivery of forks, but they managed to send the wrong stem

Amateurs 👿

messiah
    Free Member

Two pairs of bargain Royal shorts. Arrived in two days and perfect = one happy customer.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

If you had been to their shop you wouldn't order from them, place is a shit tip, bikes stacked on top of each other, some part built and stuff lying round, Like a jumble sale. Lads that work there seem polite but i wouldn't buy anything from.

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Another bad experience here, placed an order that I needed for a race weekend and only one part of the order came in time (within 10 days). Rang up and they'd put down the rest of the order as dispatched when it wasnt.

avoid

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Not looking good…

Dango
    Free Member

Also the stem I ordered was a 50mm direct mount, they sent a 60mm, when I rang to complain, they said they only stocked 50mm, I asked him to look at his stock and he found 60mm aplenty and had a computer showing 50mm only, and a printed stock list showing both

The Boxxer Teams I bought, didn't come with set up instructions, good job you can download stuff like that.

Never again

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘the bike outlet – york. experiences?’ is closed to new replies.