Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • The Big Sam – gone
  • Garry_Lager

Blackburn gave Coachman Sam his marching orders today. Seems a strange one – maybe he’s got something lined up?

Whilst I wouldn’t fancy a season ticket anywhere with Allardyce in charge, no one can question his ability to make teams hard to beat.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

New owners with no knowledge of football, I would hate to be a Blackburn fan now.

wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s absolutely ridiculous at the moment, no wonder players show no loyalty when the clubs couldn’t give a **** about the managers when things go a little south!!

carbon337
    Free Member

There was a guy on twitter predicted it at 3:00 i had a look at betting on it and he was 40/1 for next manager to be sacked. I contemplated a tenner on it but thought against it not being a betting man and never do it. Then look what happens.

For reference – @cwarr07

lister

dammit, Newcastle just missed him! 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

Chelsea looking for a new manager? Or will it be Liverpool?

trailmoggy
    Free Member

managers that play this style of football should be outlawed, along with the likes of Bolton and Stoke etc….cloggers

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Allardyce is no way good enough to attract the attention of either club. Although the appointment of Hodgson makes me wonder…

Does seem like a crazy decision mind, speshly at this stage of the season.

Sacking Chris Hughton seemed insane too. Mind you, Pardew managed to win his first game in charge against Liverpool! 😡

I think there’s only one or two English managers who are actually World Class at the mo. Redknapp and erm, er…

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Allardyce is no way good enough to attract the attention of either club. Although the appointment of Hodgson makes me wonder…

Does seem like a crazy decision mind, speshly at this stage of the season.

Sacking Chris Hughton seemed insane too. Mind you, Pardew managed to win his first game in charge against Liverpool!

I think there’s only one or two English managers who are actually World Class at the mo. Redknapp and erm, er…

Redknapp World Class please tell me how you come to that conclusion? If Harry Redknapp is World Class what the hell is Alex Ferguson

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Harry Redknapp? – World class? away and take your face for a jobbie! The guy is in his sixties and has NEVER WON ANYTHING!.

salad_dodger

Sounds like the ideal candidate for the England job then!

muggomagic

I’m no fan of the crinkle faced tax dodger, but he did win the fa cup with Portsmouth. Nearly put the club out of existence but he has one something. It could also be said that spuds getting 4th and getting through to the knockout stages of the champions league is an achievement.
    He along with mclaren are probably the only English managers that have experience in the champs league.

kaesae
    Free Member

Football is a game for over paid, mercenary, drama queens, why am a not suprised that a bloke with a user name like gary_lager, has started a thread like this 🙄

A season ticket ❓ 😯

Nice thread gary_lager, you rock!

sc-xc

kaesae….bore off.

kaesae
    Free Member

Morning barry bethel 😯 , I take it you like blokes with a bit of a gary_lager ❓

kaesae
    Free Member

COMEBACK! SAMWISE BUMHEED FRODO GARY_LAGER NEEDS YOU!

billybob
    Free Member

managers that play this style of football should be outlawed, along with the likes of Bolton and Stoke etc….cloggers

To be fair under Owen Coyle Bolton are actually playing abit now – probably why they are in the upper reaches of the league.

Rumour is the Blackburn owners want Maradona to replace him. They really don’t understand the English game…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

If Harry Redknapp is World Class what the hell is Alex Ferguson?

Erm – Scottish. 😛

lowey

Speaking as a Bolton Supporter, hearing that they want Maradona has made my day 😆

binners

I think City set the standard, as they have done in many areas recently, for just how appallingly you can behave.

The way they treated Mark Hughes was absolutely atrocious. The lack of respect for someone of his pedigree was embarrassing to witness. And a clear sign they new eff all about the game. He was certainly the only one to emerge with any dignity from the debacle.

But… as is usually the case in the modern game, other owners/meglomaniacs have decided to take up the baton and run with it in the drive to the bottom. In an ideal world I’d like to see Newcastle, Blackburn and City in the relegation positions. Just to teach the owners a lesson and vindicate a few people who deserved far far better treatment.

It’ll be interesting to see how the scousers conduct themselves when they get wid of woy in a few weeks, eh Fred? 😉

Shibboleth
    Free Member

billybob – Member
    Rumour is the Blackburn owners want Maradona to replace him. They really don’t understand the English game…

I heard that the new owner had a cousin living in Shadsworth that fancied working in football… Innit.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think City set the standard

I think the players have been setting the standard of disrespect for some time now and they will do anything to increase their exorbitant wages – Rooney, Tevez, Adebayor – Gerrard and terry flirting with other clubs etc to get even more millions. I still watch but I am lot less bothered these days about what the latest mercenary to pull on the shirt of the club I support manages that day
    It is a game a wash with money and bereft of morals

I am at the game this Saturday will be interesting

timc
    Free Member

Despite Blackburns recent good form, its not that surprising, Big Sam’s style of play isnt exactly attractive… I wouldnt be surprised if they are looking at whats happened at Bolton in the last year & thinking we could do with a bit of that!

Bolton are playing some of the best football in the premier league at the moment, hats off to them!

Also Kaesae, Football is a game for Men, all men, & especially the working classes… it just happens to be full on ponces at the top level, check your local sunday league if you dont think its a man’s game! 😉

Morris
    Free Member

trailmoggy you tit!

Bolton are playing some of the best football in the league at the moment.

Sam took over Blackburn who were rock bottom at the time and are looking like a mid table side now with spending nothing or very little money. They might not be easy on the eye but he gets the results in a results based industry.

Be careful what you wish for Mr Rao, Jack Walker will be turning in his grave.

kaesae
    Free Member

FOOTBALL, the more you drink, the more sense it makes!

ratherbeintobago

Big Sam’s style of play isnt exactly attractive…

I shall make the observation that no-one complains about their team’s style of football if their team is winning.

Andy

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes they do Brazil, Toon, Tottenham etc – roughly 50/50 split from Rovers fans re Sam and his style

kaesae
    Free Member

GO POSTERS GO!

LET’S HAVE A CHANT?

Garry_Lager

Apologies all – I observed that Kaesae was dumber than a bag of bearings in one of his (extremely weak) troll threads, and it seems to have touched a nerve with the poor fella. Hence his mong roars currently resounding throughout this thread.

If someone could start a bearings thread it might distract the big daftie enough to lumber away from this one.

MrSparkle

Go on then, I’ll bite.
    You are obviously either
    1.someone who believes what you read in the gutter press
    2. somebody who hasn’t seen a game of football in the last 5 years
    or
    3. one of those saddo’s who has it in for some teams due to some percieved sleight in the past and can’t face up to your own team’s inadequacies. Guessing either a Championship side or some of the dross from the arse end of the Prem.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hence his mong roars currently resounding throughout this thread.

May I recommend this thread:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stw-killfile-plugin#post-2084688

Guaranteed to remove all unwanted nasties.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cheers gary makes more sense now …well sort off
    Did he do the tags ??even for stw he is on the loon end of the scale
    Try one on water, bearings, celestial realignment and bad backs and lets see what happens
    Jamie that rocks I have begun making a list now!

Haze

…or 4, an Arsenal fan?

timc
    Free Member

I suspect the new blackburn owners want something they can market, Hense, not big sam, not his style of play & probably not blackburn haha!

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

It’ll be interesting to see how long it takes them to meet the top 5 finish they want….

Dickyboy

Can Fulam have Woy back when Liverpool have finished with him, all these draws are getting a bit tedious 🙁

binners

Top five finish? They’re not going to appoint a manager for 2 months. And they’re prepared to lavish a whole £5 million in the trnsfr window. Enough to buy you Wayne Rooneys enormous head, or about a month and a half of Tevez’s wages.

I think there may have to be a certain managing of expectations needed

MrSparkle
    waynekerr
    Free Member

Talking of styles of football & saying big Sams style is crap, Arsenal play very attractive football, but when was the last time they won anything.
    I like Sam as a manager & think Blackburn will struggle to get anyone better, one of the best around is Big Eck at Brum, he has done well in every job he’s had with limited resources & gets the best out of average players & creates team spirit. I tip him to be the next Man U manager when SAF retires, but in saying that managing a club with superstars & superstar egos is different though,the wage structure for top players causes unrest in the dressing rooms.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Bolton football………not a chance, i’m sick of hearing how they’re playing better football, this maybe only because they could’nt play any less.

with the likes of Kevin Davies

they’re a pub team

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘The Big Sam – gone’ is closed to new replies.