Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • hora
    Free Member

Where have you been all my life? :mrgreen:

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Where have you been?

It’s the new bloody friends, on constantly and the mrs default choice.

hora
    Free Member

Now my default choice 8)

I hated friends with a vengeance.

tyger
    Free Member

I like also – saw an old episode of Coupling last night which was funny too

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I hated friends with a vengeance

I give you 6 months, max, before you’re reaching for a claw hammer to cave your own skull in.

bigrich

try Community.

Mister-P
    Free Member

My current guilty pleasure is How I Met Your Mother. Big Bang Theory is so last month.

PrinceJohn

Penny. Penny. Penny. Penny. Penny.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Penny.

martinhutch

Is it too soon in the thread for random Big Bang clips?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skQGve3XksU[/video]

hels
    Free Member

Great show, especially for Sci Fi nerds like me. I want a Cyclon Toaster more than I want children.

New series not as funny though, it has to be said. They are kind of running out of ideas.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Mmmmm Penny and the bird from Blossom!!!!!

not forgetting Bernadette

chunkypaul
    Free Member

i know someone at work who is actually Sheldon’s double in mannerisms – i.e. thats my seat, i’ve drawn up a new contract for the kitchen space etc.

FREAKY! as this person is a she! we’ve actually started calling her sheldon (she hasn’t a clue about the show though) – maybe best

rOcKeTdOg

hels
    Free Member

Half the cast of Roseanne. (well OK 3 people, David, Darleen and Jackie)

CaptJon
    Free Member

Mister P – Member
    My current guilty pleasure is How I Met Your Mother. Big Bang Theory is so last month.

HIMYM is last year. It jumped the shark recently when Ted realised that thing, again.

New Girl is where it is at.

rOcKeTdOg

New Girl. but then i’d watch anything with Zooey in it

Irish_AL
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlhHTdDqoBc[/video]

I will be right back before this banana hits the floor….zoom zoom

Irish_AL
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpeF067Hx2Y[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xYmKwj0VW0[/video]

Mister-P
    Free Member

Thank you for pointing out my faux pas Capt. I will check out New Girl this evening.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Rules of Engagement FTW

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t like it – too many painfully obvious laugh at the geek jokes. A bit like the new Friends, yes, but reminds me more of Taxi and Seinfeld.

CaptJon
    Free Member

MrNutt – Member
    Rules of Engagement FTW

Are you sure you don’t mean the delightful Happy Endings? With the delightful Elisha?

PlopNofear
    Free Member

I HATE THE BIG BANG THEORY!!! 👿
    Bazinga! 😆

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Two Broke Girls…

what has happened to New Girl, has it been bumped from the schedule?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Penny. Penny. Penny. Penny. Penny.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Penny.

8 simple rules is a bit like the big bang theory, but without the geeks, and mroe penny

CaptJon
    Free Member

Don’t know. Its mid-season break is over the in the US, so the episodes are available to Channel 4.

If we’re talking general TV viewing, rather than sitcoms, i’d highly recommend Friday Night Lights.

eyerideit
    Free Member

BBT is good but have you seen New Girl?

It’s really well written and properly laugh out loud funny in a way Friends never was.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Been watching it from S1.. Catch up fellas..

Don’t like the way E4 repeats the same old epesodes over and over again when there are so many more they could play.. I must have seen the first one about a gazzillion times now..
    And we’re on S5…like already.

Houns

Have also been watching it since episode 1 first aired

Thursday evenings are the only time my tv is on for more than 2 hours straight.

TooTall
    Free Member

Big Bang Theory for the laughs.

Justified for everything else, plus dark laughs.

toby1

Took me ages to realise that it was great, then bought seasons 1-4 and watched them all though in a couple of damp dark winter weeks.

Great show and yeah, with the exception of Sheldon’s sister, Penny is very lovely.

Sometimes the obvious laughs are the best, nut personally I now enjoy knocking on people’s door in a repeated way and saying their name, till they answer, and on occasion even after they answer!

Pigface
    Free Member

Kwipkey 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

I don’t like it – too many painfully obvious laugh at the geek jokes. A bit like the new Friends, yes, but reminds me more of Taxi and Seinfeld.

Yeah, but it’s not the obvious laughs you watch it for, it’s everything in between. It’s a bit of an opinion splitter at work (University) – some like myself love it, others really REALLY hate it.

Cougar

I think a large part of it’s appeal hinges on whether or not you have geeky tendencies. (so of course, I think it’s ace).

molgrips
    Free Member

I also have geeky tendencies, and I think it’s rubbish. Having said that I havne’t got into it for the characterisations, but that’s because the naffness of it put me off.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Love bbt. Himym went off the boil. Also like New girl and community. However, also loving person of interest but really loving finder. Both streaming only but finder is awesome. Shame they’re only doing one season.

GrahamS

I don’t like it – too many painfully obvious laugh at the geek jokes.

A lot of geeks do seem to like it tho.

Same could be said for IT Crowd. It makes a lot of jokes about geeks but geeks generally love it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, is Raj dancing at the other end of the ballroom or not? That is the question?

I’m a fan. Clever, funny stuff, without needing to resort to the childish “gross out” genre of comedy, or the equally puerile “look at me, I can swear” sort of comedy.

Funny, witty, erudite stuff.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I know from watching the trailers that I’d hate it. To be honest I prefer my comedy a bit more sophisticated and less geek-masturbatory. But hey, it’d be boring if we all laughed at the same thing.

Cougar

TBH, the early episodes were a bit “laugh at the geek” whilst it found its feet / garnered a mainstream audience, but it’s not been like that for a while now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘The Big Bang Theory’ is closed to new replies.