Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The best value sports car currently available? Gotta say…Im tempted.
  • specialknees
    Free Member

Looks to good to be true.
    Was looking at Boxsters (in another post) but cant get this out of my head.

What do you guys think?

http://www.portiacraft.com/cardetail.asp?make=03_MERCEDES_TAKEN IN PART EXCHANGE&id=1734

tonyg2003

It’s actually mid price for a SL. You have to watch out for the ABC air suspension. £1000 per corner if it goes wrong. Can be very expensive!

Trimix
    Free Member

I would buy the 944 on that site, its under 2k. If it lasts a year thats good value for money. You can get a bike in the back with the wheels off.

PePPeR

One of the guys who posts on here works at portiacraft, 2unfit2ride is the chaps moniker and Martin if you’re ringing the sales room.

Give him a ring and talk to him, tell him pepper put u onto him 😉

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I wouldn’t speak to Martin, he’s a cowboy sales man and knows nothing about Porches 😉

landcruiser
    Free Member

The SL is a lovely thing, however ONLY buy one if you are prepared for potential great expense in the future. (you could be ok,but…)

Any signs of water leaking in the boot, look under the carpet where the hydraulic pump is situated, or leaks around any of the roof seals, Beware !!!

Not a car for carefree ownership IMO unless you have a few quid in reserve.

jamiec360
    Free Member

Are you concerned with price ot TCO? Some great deals on unregistered still to be found in some of the car supermarkets when I got my CLS from Motorpoint ( with a £17k saving :-)they had a couple of unregistered SLK 200K at £21k

When I was looking at company cars about 5 years ago the best value was actually the Boxster given the lower depreciation on it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The best value sports car currently available? Gotta say…Im tempted.’ is closed to new replies.