Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • The best television, like, ever.
  • funkmasterp

I love Spiral, French cop / legal dramazing. I also second the Wire, Generation Kill, True Detective and would like to add the original Danish The Killing, Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

chip
    Free Member

The best TV ever for sheer consistency of quality would have to be only fools and horses.
    Auf Wiedersehen Pet and minder I also have great affection for.
    And the world at war is also compelling viewing.

The first ever series of big brother as it was genuine people not wanna be divs.

Wickers world, I loved a bit of wicker.

But of what is on tv currently, there is nothing I can think of that I am particularly over enamoured with.

jamj1974

I really dislike Firefly. I should like it – it ticks a lot of my usual boxes but I just don’t get on with it at all…

chip
    Free Member

I though of something, I do like a Gordon ramseys nightmare.
    Although I can believe someone could be completely deluded about their cooking,even I would think if Gordon was coming to give my freezer a good scrub.

But It is still not what I would call best tv ever

muggomagic

For those that weren’t aware. He’s back (meant to post this last week, but it slipped my mind)

Drac

he first ever series of big brother as it was genuine people not wanna be divs.

WTAF? 😯

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

How come nobody has mentioned spoons yet?

kimbers

Its a crime that Utopia was cancelled

CaptJon
    Free Member

ratadog

And I agree.
    The Archers is, indeed, excellent.

Personally, I don’t think it has been so good since Phil Archer and Walter Gabriel deceased and it has developed an unfortunate habit of killimg off much loved characters whenever it has a major anniversary or wants a ratings boost. Mark Hebden, Nigel Pargetter, Grace Archer herself….

The pictures ain’t great either.

Del

Its a crime that Utopia was cancelled

first time i’ve heard this. unbelievable! ( and if i hadn’t just verified it i wouldn’t have believed it )
    idiots!

dudeofdoom

^^^well someone pointed out the crazy viewing figures for Miranda so why bother with anything edgy when people just seem go like banal crap.

badllama
    Free Member

Well not seen Archer yet but The wire and BB are excellent IMO Band of Brothers was then best TV ive ever seen.

bigblackshed

dudeofdoom – Member
    ^^^well someone pointed out the crazy viewing figures for Miranda so why bother with anything edgy when people just seem go like banal crap.

I’ll see your “Miranda” and raise you a “Mrs Brown’s Boys”. 🙄

No mention of The Shield yet? What was the police drama with Sarah Lancashire, aired last year?

markrh
    Free Member

Happy last tango in the valley?

chakaping
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s worth a look.

Currently very happy that Brooklyn Nine Nine is back.

dudeofdoom

I mention it once in a while but ‘Justified’ isn’t too shoddy….

stevedoc
    Free Member

Generation kill..epic
    DS9 fantastic

Game of thrones ,took 7 episodes to kick in,now just can’t wait till April and not for the Dad bits 😉

senorj

What about Oz? That was ahead of its time.
    Agree with Twin Peaks ,The Killing,Band of Brothers and The Bridge ,thathas been the best thing I’ve seen in the past couple of years.
    Oh and Dexter.
    I’m currently watching Breaking BAd and the jury is still out tbh. I don’t like any of the characters so far.

bigblackshed

Markrh.

That’s the badger.

martinhutch

Series that have gripped me most:

Edge of Darkness
    GBH
    Band of Brothers
    First series of Heroes
    First couple of series of 24
    First couple of series of Battlestar Galactica

Didn’t like Utopia. My evening entertainment clearly has its limits, and the school massacre went straight past them.

Just couldn’t get into DS9. Even Enterprise was more engaging for me. Heresy, I know.

Not seen wire or BB.

richmars

If we’re dragging up old stuff, Tutti fruitti was pretty good, but that may be rose tinted hindsight, plus the fact it’s never been repeated (apart from just after the first transmission) and not on DVD.

Quick edit, the DVD is on the BBC website, not sure when that appeared!

martinhutch

They never seem to repeat any of the good stuff. I’d happily sit down and watch the stuff I’ve listed and other classic series – Our Friends in the North for example.

Can’t understand why the BBC would endlessly re-run utter shite when they have an archive like that.

isto
    Free Member

Just finished watching the first series of Transparent and thought it was brilliant. It and House of Cards wold be my favourites from this year.

fasthaggis

Is on DVD

It has not aged well 🙁

markrh
    Free Member

The Good Wife.

anagallis_arvensis

The Bridge is the best thing I’ve seen recently.
    The Wire was great.
    I love Game of Thrones too.
    And why did Deadwood just stop!

richmars

It has not aged well

That’s what I guessed!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Could watch QI all day long but doubt that’s for everyone but the only programme that I really used to wait for and would never, ever miss as a kid (do my homework early, tidy my room, ANYTHING!) was Tomorrow’s World. The the future laid out for me. Nothing has given me the same excitement since…

z1ppy

Can we not have seperate threads for non-animated veiwing, quite enjoying “Rick and Morty” but no matter what the original poster on here said, it ain no (early) Futurama.

As for general comedy, “Better off Ted” was awesome. I don’t see the need to list the classics like Blackadder, et all, just adding something most ppl wouldn’t have seen

PS: Off to find a copy of archer series 1

Cougar

Just couldn’t get into DS9. Even Enterprise was more engaging for me. Heresy, I know.

The problem with DS9 is, it’s arguably the best series out of the franchise, but the first two seasons were broadly pish. It got much, much better.

kimbers

And why did Deadwood just stop!

As Wu would say, massive mistake by HBO, rumours keep resurfacing that a movie could be made to finish properly, sadly I think the cast have all moved on too far

yunki
    Free Member

Shameless

jwt
    Free Member

+1 for
    Generation Kill
    Better off Ted
    The Bridge
    And also big(HUGE)vote for
    Borgen
    Just started ‘Salamander’ and it’s very promising so far………..
    (With Mammon and Legacy still to watch)
    Must catch ‘The Killing’ at some point.

wilburt
    Free Member

The wire for me is still the best TV ever made

This ..then the rest.

Northwind

I can see the point with breaking bad, the actual plot doesn’t hold together at all, it’s ridiculous. But that’s OK because it’s just a place for the performances to live.

I loved Oz. Some of the episodes went a bit too absurd but when it was good, it was ridiculously good.

willard

You should look up Ray Donovan. Yes, it’s on Amazon Prime, and yes, only the first season is up there as yet, but it’s funny, brutal and annoying in equal measure.

Lifer
    Free Member

New series of The League on Netflix now. Got to be way up there in my ‘best television’ list.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

In the Night Garden.

Cos it means the madness is about to stop.

wrecker
    Free Member

I can understand why people found it vaguely entertaining, but there is no way it could be put on the same shelf as The Sopranos, Mad Men, or even Archer

😆
    Mad men????

Anyway, nothing comes close to Band of Brothers IMHO. Not sure anything ever will. Great cast, fantastic acting, great directing, powerful, interesting subject matter, believeable (obv!) and most of all; important.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘The best television, like, ever.’ is closed to new replies.