Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • the best shortbread biscuits?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

any recommendations?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Walkers, or check the ingredients and make sure that butter is the first on the list.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Got to say – the Sainsbury’s Chrimbo ones (in posh tin) were rather moreish last year 😉

whitestone
    Free Member

Homemade. Probably one of the easiest cakes to make.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Grandma Wild’s were a surprising find at our local londis.

Shortbread Cookies

carlphillips
    Free Member

i have thought about homemade, wouldn’t be too hard i guess!

redmex
    Free Member

I buy McAllisters from lidles cheap and made in scotland probably by one of the more famous twice the price tartan packing
    Quite addictive withe coffee and canny be healthy with 32% of it butter

ferrals
    Free Member

I have managed to make it so it’s easy. Controversial perhaps, but I really like lemon shortbread.

stox
    Free Member

M&S chunky chocolate chip … 5 big squares for £2 from the bakery section .. perfect with a cuppa

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Quite addictive withe coffee and canny be healthy with 32% of it butter

Excuse me, but butter is almost 100% butter and that’s good for you. Just saying…

daviek

I’d go with Walkers or try home made although it’s not quite as easy as it sounds to get it right.

A friend of mine introduced me to crumbling shortbread over ice cream … bloody hell it’s good 😀

2tyred

Home made by plump Scottish women old enough to draw the state pension.

I’ve always thought that Annabel Goldie, former leader of the Scottish tories, would make dynamite shortbread. She’s just got that look about her.

fadda

Co-op irresistible lemon shortbread biscuits.

\thread

stuey
    Free Member

CHB

Good luck finding the tea biscuits above. They haven’t been made since 2008!

stuey
    Free Member

Living in (forlorn) hope.
    But they were good.

poly
    Free Member

Walkers,

Eugh, its about the only shortbread I won’t eat if its within arms length (and any which could easily be confused with it). Shortbread should be slightly messy to eat, crumbly and require almost no effort to bite. For a widely available “main” brand Deans is pretty hard to beat. Either Aldi or Lidl (or both!) have some that seems remarkably similar so may well be from the same factory.

Of course, none of that compares to the homemade Cardamon Shortbread sitting in my kitchen!

scotroutes

Walkers. Buy it in bulk from the shop in Aviemore for much cheapness.

Deans is an acceptable substitute but is too “crispy”.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘the best shortbread biscuits?’ is closed to new replies.