Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • The best looking F1 car thread
  • salsaboy

jamesfts
    Free Member

Definitely something for me about the villeneuve era Ferraris, might be the old man having a model of on in his office when I was a kid…

And pretty much anything that came out of Milan with a serpent on the front…

bigyinn
    Free Member

wwaswas wins with those Mercs.!

the-muffin-man

Northwind

I can’t decide which JPS car to post…

This is not a pretty car but there’s something brilliantly right about it, it’s the racing car a kid might draw, all triangles and massive tyres and engine everywhere.

JAG

Northwind; I love the Lotus 72 as well – I had/still have, somewhere, a large model of that. Probably 1:18 something like that.

I got it as a Christmas present when I was a kid.

nemesis
    Free Member

That JPS Lotus was my scalextrix car of choice when I was a kid. I wouldn’t call it good looking though…

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

I liked the noses

andrewh
    Free Member

[nerd] The Alfas, Auto Unions and Bugatti aren’t technically F1 cars. Grand Prix cars yes, but not F1 cars[/nerd]

mogrim

[nerd] The Alfas, Auto Unions and Bugatti aren’t technically F1 cars. Grand Prix cars yes, but not F1 cars[/nerd]

lol, the car nerd sitting next to me pointed that out when I showed him the Alfas 🙂

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

this was my favourite and also my fastest scalextric car as a kid

Very lucky to be having my works Xmas party at the Williams F1 centre tonight 🙂

orena45

Simple and effective

pictonroad

Dug this one out for my 3 yr old,

Certainly nothing later than 1995ish

munrobiker
    Free Member

I was too afraid to post the yellow Jordan, but in my head they are the F1 car of my childhood along with the Canon Williams and these-

1990’s touring cars were much more my thing, though.

wwaswas

Well if we’re doing touring cars we’re back to Martini stripes again;

thehustler
    Free Member

Think O am with bregante and northwind on this

benkitcher
    Free Member

Either of these two;

benkitcher
    Free Member

Actually, my vote goes for the Williams. As much as I like the Martini livery, a new car in the Canon colours would be awesome and worth 20 sundays on the sofa to watch in itself.

Closest render I can find;

geoffj

Mansell’s car, but not him at the wheel? Anyone know who’s driving it?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Dunno, but that photo was used on the Top Trumps card for that car. Also have a soft spot for that, it is pretty much the quintessential F1 car I reckon. If you ask someone to imagine an F1 car that isn’t F1 that’s probably what it looks like.

jimjam
    Free Member

munrobiker

1990’s touring cars were much more my thing, though.

Ack away on and start your own thread. So I can post a picture of a DTM 190e on it.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Very true, they are stunning looking bits of kit though! 😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Defender
    Free Member

What, no McLaren M23 in either ‘Big’ single or twin side air scope configuation?
    Shadow DN1 in Embassy or UOP livery.
    Looking at the ones already posted, I wonder how much difference the colour and livery makes, if they were all the same colour, would we choose the same cars?

Harry_the_Spider

I wonder how much difference the colour and livery makes, if they were all the same colour, would we choose the same cars?

Probably not. The paint job was the only thing that this had going for it.

shermer75
    Free Member

Jim Clark’s Lotus 49 (1967):

milky1980
    Free Member

If you asked me to draw an F1 car it would be the FW14B, but that was my era when I was growing up. This though just looks gorgeous in the flesh:

The Eagle-Westlake 😛

This one’s not pretty but screams purposeful:

Oh and this one, purely because I’ve driven it 😆

Speeder

I thought this one was pretty good but it’s not a patch on the Jordan above.

It’s a 1994 Simtek

Otherwise the Gurney is beautiful and the JPS Lotus 72 was my favourite toy as a kid.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘The best looking F1 car thread’ is closed to new replies.