Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The best riding inspiration you've had recently?
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’ve been inspired to hit a massive root I’ve been avoiding for weeks since it sent me out the front door.

Because of 5.30 -5.35 in this video I succeeded.

Beautiful.

[video]http://youtu.be/fSVYufqeBZg[/video]

senorj

I saw a charity ride coming into town tonight-network rail,York to London it said on their jerseys .
    Anyway ,they were on all kinds of bikes,road,hybrid&mountain& I suspect different abilities.
    They had that look folk have on a long ride ,when they know the end is in sight.
    They only had to pop up to Highgate and it was all down hill.
    Made me want to go for a laal trot.
    Nice vid btw .

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This chap – Josh Boggi, that is, not Sir Brad.

All round lovely guy, and a real inspiration.

molgrips
    Free Member

Getting my Patriot back out. Flung myself down my local techie bits at probably double normal speed and with a massive grin.

rewski
    Free Member

First ride with my dog

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I used to think the Sam Hill riding to Rob Zombie in 3Minute Gaps was the best 3 minutes ever.

It’s been bested, if any non cyclist ever asks what I do on the bike I’ll show them 8)

peabrain
    Free Member

Following my 3 year old down a trail – the way he uses every bump as an opporunity to catch some air – even if there is a corner straight after 😆

Northwind

The group I was riding with out in the alps… Brilliant mixed bag. At least one is on here so I’ll be polite 😉 But 2 guys who had a bunch of technical skills I don’t, who I could learn from, and who could learn from me… A bunch of brilliant northern lads who might or might not be better than me, I don’t know but they were fast because they were all quite mad- brought me a bit out of my cautious riding.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Building my winter roadie and actually loving it.

kimbers

Last weekends ukge at grisedale, great atmos, organization, weather, people and the trails…. So I good I broke my hand on stage 2 but couldn’t bare to miss out the rest so rode till the bitter end

I’m as they say ‘stoked’ on biking right now, and ive got 3 weeks of no work …except I’m in a cast and off the bike got some time !!!!!

bennn
    Free Member

[video]http://vimeo.com/103217818[/video]

This, plus it’s local, need to up my game..

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Riding uplift at Antur Stiniog, I realised that I don’t need to ride up hill to enjoy the down hills.

Just bought a downhill bike to pop my feet into the DH waters….

wiggles
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/ySIOQq1_6D4[/video]

That and riding my new G150 (only very slowly so far but can tell it is a beast)

ceepers

Funny, I read the title of this thread and immediately thought of Sam Hill last weekend then realised it was the OPs thread opener.

Inspired me to bag a strava kom on exmoor on Monday ( only out of 25 so it’s not that impressive!), that and the hoot that my bandit is downhill

Such a shame sam crashed, no one was on his pace!

doh
    Free Member

Spending time in here on the independence threads recently when the sun is out and my local trails are amazing has made me realise that getting arsey with people I’ll never meet is ridiculous.

Inspiration of sorts I suppose.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Biggest for me has been changing back to smaller wheels after having ridden 29″ for the last four years both HT and suss. 29’ers are superb for the majority of riding but my Foxy XR 27.5 just makes me ride like a tool all the time, magic. 😀

ton

it might sound a bit selfish….but myself.
    for carrying on trying to ride for 5 years with heart trouble.
    tried to carry on mtb, failed
    tried some uplift days, blacked out on the last one, fail
    carried on riding at a little over 10mph for the last 3 years, and this year managing 4500 miles, very slowly. and now hopefully finally mended, with a list of rides as long as my arm, that i am gonna try and do.

i have inspired myself, and i am proud with myself.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Might have to change my answer to say…Ton.

Good for you, big lad!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘The best riding inspiration you've had recently?’ is closed to new replies.