Viewing 21 posts - 161 through 181 (of 181 total)
  • The Ashes – 4th test thread (spoilers within… duh!)
  • palmer77
    Free Member

Fair point, I don’t think you should begrudge the team to have their moment to celebrate retaining the ashes, especially since they played so well as a team. I think Strauss has good control of the situation and is the epitome of dignity.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Agreed.

Junkyard
    Free Member

excellent result and fair enough to celebrate – in a non freddy flintoff style. They have won – as they cannot loose anymore nor the aussies win. The next ine is not a dead rubber but it is not as significant either.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hairychested
    Free Member

But another interview with a couple of totally sloshed cricketers laughing at OJ suggested to them by the PM would be good, don’t you think?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cheers for not killin’ me folks. I was only commenting. I’m bloody delighted they wiped the floor with the Aussies. Brilliant comeback after the beating they got in the last test. And I really hope they can motivate themselves to come away with a series win rather than simply retaining the ashes after a draw. It would feel so much more satisfying.

Why the hate for Punting (this is a nickname for Ponting right?)?

What’s the significance of the sprinkler celebration?

Junkyard
    Free Member

ponting is because they used to be great and unbeatable and now he is humbled some people feel shadenfreude [spell?]. His interviews always seem honest to me and he described his form as horrible after this test for example.

The springler dance – No idea barmy army dance??

allthepies
    Free Member

Punter
    Schadenfreude
    Sprinkler

😉

Pieface

so we win the ashes for the first time in ages and everyone goes mad.

is it 1966 again?

allthepies
    Free Member

We won them in 2005 and 2009 actually 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Why the hate for Punting (this is a nickname for Ponting right?)?

Punter.

You followed this Test? See the Pieterson incident on day 2 – and bear in mind it’s far from the first time he’s behaved like that. Great player, bad attitude.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Ponting out of the next test.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ponting is a great player – but he also makes a great panto villain hence the booing.
    Any true cricket fan has huge respect for his achievements.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

However seeing Punter with this face always gladdens the heart 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

Ponting reminds me of JW Bush. I’m not doubting good intentions but it just doesn’t click for me..

Junkyard
    Free Member

For TJ

TheSanityAssassin

Punter reminds me of a kind of Lee Evans/Ian Hislop hybrid.

These days his antics are funnier too.

aracer
    Free Member

Ponting out of the next test

So a broken finger has done what the match referee should have done. Is that the end of his career?

Past his sell by date, and personally I’m happy to see the back of the sort of behaviour and attitude he brings to the game, but he doesn’t deserve to go out like this if this is indeed the end. Though it is really all his own fault – he should have gone when still at the top like so many of his team-mates did a few years ago.

tony_m
    Free Member

What’s the significance of the sprinkler celebration?

These may go some way to explaining it…

http://www.ecbtv.co.uk/video/20101118/swannys-ashes-diary-no3_2276252_2224425 (about 8 minutes in)

http://www.ecbtv.co.uk/video/20101213/swannys-ashes-diary-episode-5_2276252_2243406

Bear
    Free Member

Ponting – great player – average captain.

Punter for his love of a bet.

Has crossed the line once or twice in his career, I can forgive him those, very pressurised situation top class sport. He always fronts up in interviews which you have to admire him for and that makes his few transgressions forgiveable.

Fantastic record as a batter, especially when he has played most of his tests as captain.

andyplasterer
    Free Member

load of shit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Viewing 21 posts - 161 through 181 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘The Ashes – 4th test thread (spoilers within… duh!)’ is closed to new replies.