Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The Alps aren't just for………….. (HD Pro content)
  • tollah
    Free Member

…………..big bikes with Andy Pandy wanabees on board 😆

Morzine to Morzine via Switzerland using some Passportes trails and some other stuff. Around 80km all in.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZgYBVKuf60[/video]

flow
    Free Member

Very jealous

tollah
    Free Member

Been back 2 weeks, now stuck in Latvia working so I’m earning it ;-(

finners

Wonderful. Myself and a couple friends are going out to the french and swiss alps at the weekend. If you dont mind me asking, where were u?

tollah
    Free Member

Stayed in Morzine but rode into Switzerland most days and went beyond the ‘normal’ worn out trails. I’ve hours of footage to sift through yet, the video is only from the Monday’s ride.

Popocatapetl

Looks brilliant! i’m going on saturday for the first time and can’t wait to get there 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Enjoyed that. The sort of trails I’d go for.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

is that a long stem or just an optical illusion?

billysugger
    Free Member

Love it

scraprider
    Free Member

Very jealous indeed.

finners

This is our first time too. All of varying abilities. Should be a hoot! 🙂 Also going to Interlaken so hopefully find some trails near there…

GW
    Free Member

The Alps aren’t just for………….. (HD Pro content)

…………..big bikes with Andy Pandy wanabees on board

You seem to be riding XC on a dual crown fork with armour 🙄

CheesybeanZ

Jambon !!! lovin the Vache scenes n banging tunes…. boeuf 😆

xcstu
    Free Member

Great vid!!! been there twice and still not found half those trails 🙁 a must for next time

Thanks for sharing 🙂

forgotmename
    Free Member

excellent vid, top sounds too, ta.

nmdbase
    Free Member

nice, you just ruined my day

angryratio
    Free Member

gits..
    just reminded me i’m back at work on monday.
    Balls.

grum
    Free Member

Looks amazing – where did you get the route/were you guided/did you just make it up?

tollah
    Free Member

Watching/editing that makes me want to go back and ride it all again.#

Looks amazing – where did you get the route/were you guided/did you just make it up?

Some of it is the Passports route and some of it are just trails that are on the trail maps. I’ve never had a guide, I just follow my nose and find some good trails.

You seem to be riding XC on a dual crown fork with armour

DUC forks are hardly ‘Big’ forks 🙄
    Stem 100mm iirc

nickjb
    Free Member

Have you got a .GPX or route map uploaded? We do a modified PPDS tour every year, still haven’t planned this year’s

duffle
    Free Member

…………..big bikes with Andy Pandy wanabees on board

Ha ha thats going to be me this weekend!!!!
    Managed to borrow a TR450. Never riden a Dh rig before!!
    Though the road bike and the 5 will also be tagging along but still its my first time <wheres the virgin smiley?>

singlespeedstu

I can’t watch that for laughing at Dan The 5th on a Specialized. 😆

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Looks great tollah

I’m off to the alps for the first time in September and will be doing the 3 Countries Tour with MBMB out of Chamonix, into Switzerland and Italy around Mont Blanc.

Only 5 weeks left and getting seriously excited!

GW
    Free Member

DUC forks are hardly ‘Big’ forks
    Stem 100mm iirc

Ah.. alright then. that clearly makes you superior to an “Andy Pandy wannabee” on a “big bike” 😕

tollah
    Free Member

Ah.. alright then. that clearly makes you superior to an “Andy Pandy wannabee” on a “big bike”

Not sure where you got that idea from but if that’s a compliment, thanks 😆

Sorry no gpx of the route.

If you’ve still got your alps trip ahead of you, you’re a lucky begger!!!

MussEd
    Free Member

Excellent video – Did most of that route (except the bullying slower riders/livestock/families out for a picnic out of the way) when we were there in July. People slag off the PdS as this DH orientated play zone. This is we keep going back…

2 Questions though – 1) recognise all the trails/locations except the one along the narrow ridge near the middle of the film. From whats on either side in terms of timeline it may just be(which I missed watching it) a wee run down from the top of the Champoussin lift to a small climb before you dropped down to Les Crosets through the cows? or is it somewhere else entirely?

2) How did you edit all your stuff together and stick music on? Got a fair bit of stuff from our trip but no clue how to edit/collate it…

tollah
    Free Member

MussEd no bullying went on and no livestock was harmed in the making of this 😉
    2 yes I think you’re right.
    3 only using windows movie maker, still looking for something better but it does the job for now.

MussEd
    Free Member

Mmm think I deleted that off my laptop when was struggling for disc space. I’ll have a look tonight. Cheers!

bland

nicely put together and thanks for that, you reminded me how utterly toss the riding in the PDS actually is.

Not one of them trails looked even marginally interesting to ride. It really is about time that folk realised the only plus point about the place is the lift network but otherwise the trails and maintenance is dismal.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘The Alps aren't just for………….. (HD Pro content)’ is closed to new replies.