Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • the 3 mile a pint ride…whats the most you have drunk on a ride?
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

first ride in over a month so we'd thought we would take it easy, 20 miles round the peak, 7 pints i'm pissed….

juiced
    Free Member

two pints of guinness. 20 odd miles.

PJM1974
    Free Member

10 miles and three pints… (hic).

firestarter
    Free Member

i went for a ride once got over to harrogate stopped off for a pint or two and got plastered 😉 ended up in a taxi home lol

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

The Morris dancers around our way have got this down to a tee. It's like a fancy dress pub crawl on 2 wheels (with bells on).

therealhoops
    Free Member

IIiiiiiiiii fferkINg luuvve your yyyouuuurrr m my my bezt mmaate.

[hip flask now empty of scrumpy, I'm sucha puff]

RealMan
    Free Member

does it count if you cycle to and from a party? if so, a lot.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

The worst bit is getting back on the bike cold, just warming up and then stoping for the next one

bear-uk
    Free Member

Harrogate to Pately, 10 hilly miles, 20 mile charity ride then every pub on way home. Sunday dinner, 8 pints + 2 bacardi and cokes. Left home at 7.30 am and got back around 9.30 pm. Proper day out.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

bacardi and cokes

sniggers 😀

emac65
    Free Member

Never bothered to drink when I ride as I'd much rather have the comfort of the car to drive home in when I'm pished……

twohats
    Free Member

20 mins into a group road ride we go past the pub we always stop at on the way back in for a post ride pint. We decide to sack the road ride off and just go to the pub. 8 pints later…

TooTall
    Free Member

With another denizen of this forum:

Meet at the pub and have a cheeky pint.
    Go night riding for an hour or so, pretty hard charging.
    Go to pub with beer festival.
    Drink more than 'some' and less than 'eleventeen' pints of ale and scrumpy.
    Eat one roast pork sandwich.
    Hoon down the country road for 2 miles to the other pub in the joint beer festival – just to REALLY get the blood pumping.
    Have a couple of pints there.
    Blast back to starting pub for last orders (fairly flexible) and more door-closed beer.
    Get home, somehow.
    The force was with us that night. 😀

Smee
    Free Member

I once rode home from the centre of glasgow to byres road after 9 pints – does that count?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

only 11 more Wednesday nights and the DX light will have paid for itself in taxi fares… SPD shoes look odd with casual attire though..

Beagleboy

A couple of years ago, a good friend's mate was up from Yorkshire, so myself and my other mate, the wonderful Bazz, decided to show Jo and Kate around the local trails. 😀

On a lovely summer's evening, we climbed up to the top of the hill and stopped for a breather. Now I've nearly always got a hipflask with some sort of Islay Singlemalt (currently Caol Ila), on me. So when we stopped I naturally offered it around. At this point though, Jo's friend Kate points at Bazz's camelback and asks why he's got a bunch of plastic cups with him. "Aha!" cries Bazz and whips out a bottle of Champagne!

That very day he'd just been offered a new job in Edinburgh, thus saving him from having to relocate to Cambridge (somewhere in Englandshire), and had decided to celebrate in style. So, the hipflask was emptied, the bottle of Champagne was emptied, the girls DID NOT pull their weight, leaving Bazz and I to do the majority of the work, and then we squared up for the descent.

Waiting for Kate at the bottom of a rocky chute, she turned up and claimed it was unrideable. For some reason, I was absolutely full of confidence (full of something anyway), and went back up to show her how it was done. I rode down the chute, and smooth as you like pulled up to Kate and said something along the lines of , "There you go, nothing to it"………….Kablooie! My rear tyre exploded.

Never, never have I been so humbled, and helpless with laughter at the same time. It truly is a cherished memory. Booze and Bikes, both five letter words beginning with 'B'. Oooooh, wait a minute Booze, Bikes and Beagy…..woooo.

B. 🙂

(If you haven't guessed already, I'm a wee bit 'tired and emotional'. I was out today on my new Five for the first time today, which replaced poor old Johnny, my old, cracked Five. I'm a bit confused because I loved Johnny, but this new frame…….ooooh, she's lovely. 😛

sheldona
    Free Member

On Weds just gone 4 of us set out on the Glentrool route after drinking a bottle of Jeagermeister (sp?) We had on us, 2 x hip flasks of single malt, a hip flask of Jeagermeister, 500ml port 2 cans of Guiness, and 3lts of red wine. We bothy'd then rode home next morning 😉

Also managed a cheese party too!

Stu_N

We were on holiday in a wee place called Sablet this summer – full-on wine country in Provence.

One of our road rides went from Sablet to Vacqueras (famous for its reds), then Cairanne (up and coming Cotes du Rhone village), then Rasteau ((in)famous for it's rancide fortified wines), then Roaix (named CdR village where we hoped to get lunch but nothing was open), then Seguret (named CdR village) then back to Sablet. We did at least one wine tasting in each village. By the end one was "dans le skip" as the French say.

The final tasting in Sablet, then a restorative Kronenbourg in the bar in the village took us over the edge. Even I can't read the wiggly lines in my notebook from Roaix and Seguret. All tasted the same to me. I have no idea how I pedalled up the narrow lanes to the gite after the bar. Still, **** good wine and the stuff we brought home is totally high-end so judgement was spot on.

🙂

lowey

Last christmas we had an afternoon ride over rivi, bite to eat at the barn and then to the pub at Belmont. 10 pints later we managed to ride the 5 miles home. must have fallen off about 4 times, none of them hurt lol

richmars

We ride to pubs in the summer, usually do 5/6 pubs (=pints) a night, typical ride will be 20 miles. One night it was raining really hard so we spent the night going between the two pubs in our village. Still 5 pints but only about a mile.

konajim
    Free Member

Rode from Tobermory to Fishnish to catch ferry to Lochaline then blasted round to Kilchoan to catch ferry nack to Tobermory approx 70 miles hard riding .
    Missed Ferry mmmm pub open …2 pint till next ferry in Kilchoan .. came out Jumped on Bike but fell off ….tried again fell off… started to laugh and walked to boat never done it again.
    JIm

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘the 3 mile a pint ride…whats the most you have drunk on a ride?’ is closed to new replies.