Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 771 total)
  • The 2011 Welsh Ride Thing is GO!
  • stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Forest Freeride and a host of as yet undisclosed others are pleased to announce the 2011 Welsh Ride Thing – the Uks premier (possibly only) bikepacking event. I know it’s early but I enjoy all the banter on here about kit and stuff 😉

The date is Sat May 28th – Mon May 30th and the format remains unchanged … obviously the general direction you’ll be heading in will alter from previous years. For anyone who’s not too sure what the WRT is, there’s an explanation over at the WRT blog http://welshridething.blogspot.com/

If you want to ride then the first thing to do is email stuart@forestfreeride.co.uk and say you’re interested … that’ll get the ball rolling and means you won’t miss out. Forms should get emailed out around the end of Feb, once your form/cheque lands back here then you’re in … be aware I am expecting to have to turn people away this year due to numbers.

Once again, all money raised will be going to the Wales Air Ambulance. Any questions either email me or post on here.

Thank you.

markenduro
    Free Member

Email sent.

Paulio
    Free Member

Yep me too. Last year was great fun, except maybe the first few wet hours.

flatfish
    Free Member

Do i really need to email? 🙄

Blackhound

As discussed Stuart I can’t make it this year as I have bigger fish to fry:-)

Have a great weekend everybody.

flatfish
    Free Member

Best be a good excuse Kev! 😉

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I think it’s a very good excuse 😀

Aidan
    Free Member

Ace, can you keep a seat warm for me? I might be a bit busy at the end of February.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Will do … I think you’ve a good excuse too 😉

Blackhound

It is Taylor, think it was on your to-do list at one time for 2011.

Markenduro can keep the East Midlands end up.

Email sent

flatfish
    Free Member

I’ll hang my head in shame as i can’t do it this year but i’ll carry on blaming the wife. 🙁

wildgecko
    Free Member

Myself and Anthea will be there – all things being well. Our son will be 1 by then so maybe he’ll make a guest appearance on a child seat for part of the route ….gotta be a prize for youngest participant! 😀

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Not this year. Sorry

The bog pushing on the wrong route choice put us off a bit, why were some markers in the middle of nowhere?

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

It’s all in the middle of nowhere John 😉 I did say you can’t always believe what’s on the map.

Anyway, hope your feeling a bit better now after your ‘off’.

Tiger6791

Put me down then ..

Email sent ?

Wild Cat bag ordered ?

Bear Spray ordered ?

thomthumb
    Free Member

why were some markers in the middle of nowhere?

which ones? we got all but one and they were all close enough to the path, or should that be row!! 😆

what good timing; i have just received an email from USPS to say i have a package from Anchorage coming. 😀

flatfish
    Free Member

Don’t expect it for another week thomthumb i was pulling my hair out by the time i got my hands on my bags.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

That’ll explain the hair style then … says he 😉

pedalhead
    Free Member

email sent! permission to attend…not yet quite secured. working on it!

JasonDS

Email sent 🙂

flatfish
    Free Member

That’ll explain the hair style then

No that’ll be my kids fault. 😯

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m in somebody has e-mailed on my behalf 8)

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Email sent 🙂

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Keep ’em coming folks. I’m not going to reply to emails as there’s too many … and I’m building a wall, putting up a greenhouse and building a set of new drops so time is a little limited 😉

trio25
    Free Member

email sent. Both me and Ali are up for this again, loved it last year.

Rik
    Free Member

Wild Cat bag ordered – Care to expand and explain???

Email will be sent as soon as I get the okay on dates…

Tiger6791

Wild Cat bag ordered – Care to expand and explain???

Not really my place to say, somebody else may be along to explain.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I’m told no explanations until the WRT … if you’re there then you’ll find out all about Wild Cat stuff. Hope that doesn’t sound arsey, it’s not meant to.

Stuart

flatfish
    Free Member

ARSE!

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Is it wrong to pop some of my mate’s bivi cherrys on the WRT, or do you think its to much?

wildcat
    Free Member

OK, here we go:

Wildcat Gear is a Wales-based cottage industry making frame bags and other pieces of adventure gear for bikepacking. It’s pretty early days, but the goal is to make high quality durable gear along the lines of other N. America companies, but with our own input to the design. We’ve still got stuff in development and we’ve taken a few recent orders for frame bags that we’re working on at the moment. It would have been great to be able to open the doors completely in advance of the WRT, but there are various reasons why we won’t be able to do that. It takes time to get designs just right and source the right materials so you get a product of the right quality. In the meantime, here’s a pic of a prototype bag, which we’ve badged the Leopard, out in the Welsh snow last month:

We will in due course launch wildcatgear.co.uk and all being well, a small selection of products will be available to view at the WRT.

thanks,

Beth

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

@ Wildcat, yea that’s what I was trying to say 😉

@ Flatfish, what are you on about?

@ Bigface, They’ll be fine but if they die just bury them out in the hills or perhaps eat them!

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Wildcat… What else you got then???

99percentchimp
    Free Member

Stuart, email sent and keen to get involved this year…

Cheers, Mark

stevemorg2

Start – email sent – what am I letting myself in for!

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Stu – Email sent.. ))

trickydisco
    Free Member

Wilcat> what’s ya website/email address?

wildcat
    Free Member

@Bigface – besides frame bags in several configurations, we’re working on top tube packs and handlebar harnesses for carrying sleeping bags and such like. You’ll have to wait a little while longer before there’s any pics though 🙂

@trickydisco – have a look in my profile, my email is there now.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Nice one, sounds good looking forward to seeinf the pics..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 771 total)

The topic ‘The 2011 Welsh Ride Thing is GO!’ is closed to new replies.