Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • that's not a rant, this is a rant!
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

I hadn't read this before, it's quite funny. Journo Giles Coren getting a bit miffed at his sub-editors. He's got a n book about anger management or sommat
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jul/23/mediamonkey

brakes
    Free Member

ha, what a peenarse

Kevevs
    Free Member

does make the rants on here look a bit unprofessional.

atlaz
    Free Member

Even better because in the Times magazine, there is a piece by him about being sent on an anger management course. Perfectly timed 🙂

munkster
    Free Member

Perfectly timed

Although the article in the OP is nearly two years old… 😉

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Makes me chuckle everytime I read it, and i wouldn't mind a nosh from his sister either

Karinofnine

I used to write for a magazine. The sub editor used to sub my bike reviews. Except she knew precisely c0ck all about bikes so she would take words out so that the paragraph fitted into the available space. By the time it appeared in the magazine it made no sense at all. IIRC I asked for my name to be taken off one, it was so bad that I didn't want it to be credited to me.

It's very very annoying.

aracer
    Free Member

Isn't there something rather ironic about an article in the Grauniad on dodgy editing in another paper?

aracer
    Free Member

IIRC I asked for my name to be taken off one

You're not totally sure though? It's the sort of thing I'd have thought you'd remember with perfect clarity until you die!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Isn't there something rather ironic about an article in the Grauniad on dodgy editing in another paper?

🙄

Some people will use any excuse to have a pop at our finest daily. I think it's more about the the rant – not exactly a pop at The Times.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

aracer – Member

Why would there be ? 😕

Whilst I, personally, have experience of the Guardian editing one of my letters in ways which I would rather they hadn't (if I had wanted those bits cut out then I would have done it myself) I accept that all newspapers do it due to restrictions placed upon them by limited space and limited reader attention.

However, I assume that by your reference to the "Grauniad", you are in fact referring to poor proofreading. This was indeed a problem for the Guardian when it was the only national paper printed in Manchester. The proofreading and printing needed to be completed quickly so that the paper could be transported to the Capital and delivered to customers at the same time as it's Fleet Street rivals.

Which gave it a somewhat unique and deserved reputation of being littered with typographical errors. I believe the problem was resolved when printing operations were moved to London – a considerable time ago.
    You really need to keep up with the news aracer.

Kevevs
    Free Member

does nobody think it's a very good bit of rantage then? despite the restraint an lack of caps lock. . I like it 😀 bloody poor upset journo's and their opinions about things!

kitchenroll
    Free Member

his spelling is terrible! lol

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘that's not a rant, this is a rant!’ is closed to new replies.