Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • that's not a knife….
  • daftvader
    Free Member

nope its a holster for a Walther P99 CO2 air pistol…

[/url]DSC_0964 by daftvader77, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url]DSC_0963 by daftvader77, on Flickr[/img]

the chap i made it for is very very happy!
    cheers

CountZero

Bet that was fun wet-moulding the leather around the pistol! Nice work. 😀

daftvader
    Free Member

vacuum formed. i soaked the leather for 10 minutes in cold water then after wrapping the gun in cling film put the whole lot inside a vacuum bag and attached the vax. came out well.

AlanMc100
    Free Member

That is a quality piece of work Mate – very impressed !

chewkw
    Free Member

If you point that air gun at Merican police you will get Glock 17 with it’s 9mm projectile coming your way … 😆

johnw1984
    Free Member

Lusted after a CP99 in my teens! Not seen one for ages 🙂

Cougar

That’s lovely. The cosplayers will keep you in trade for life.

daftvader
    Free Member

thanks chaps, will see what the field tests come out like when the chap who owns it goes squirrel bothering!!

revs1972
    Free Member

I trust he’s not going to be bothering the squirrels with the P99

revs1972
    Free Member

Nice work btw.
    Like the mag holder on the front

daftvader
    Free Member

thanks revs, yes he is. he is part of a woodland management group and they are overrun with the little ******* and they are damaging the new planting and existing stock. so they are trapping and shooting as the woods are too close to residential to just shoot from hides or bait stands

revs1972
    Free Member

Ah, that explains it. I guess at point blank range they are powerful enough to despatch them.

daftvader
    Free Member

yup, where as his 22 rifle will go strait through and probably a couple of gardens too!!!

revs1972
    Free Member

Do they make good use of them (as in eating ?) afterwards .

daftvader
    Free Member

i did suggest a recipe for crispy hoi sin squirrel but they will just bung them in a field for the red kites to eat

Murray

I thought it would be the sword.
    Disappointed (but the holster is cool).

daftvader
    Free Member

yeah sorry murray… thats been sidelined atm due to actually having to do some “work”!

revs1972
    Free Member

I expect the kites will be pleased , but those squirrel should really be on the table.
    very tasty

daftvader
    Free Member

the back legs actually bbq quite well, bit like chicken wings!

yosemitepaul

5thElefant
    Free Member

FFS why would anyone want an air pistol in these times.

We shot tin cans with them as kids. Nothing has changed.

revs1972
    Free Member

Why crackers ?
    IPAS iron plate shooting is great fun

daftvader
    Free Member

Why are we crackers? I make knives and do leather work. What’s wrong with making a holster???

yosemitepaul

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I expect the kites will be pleased

We have plenty of them not a million miles from Daftvader Towers.

Lovely work as ever, DV. You must let me know when you’re officially up and running. Might need a new chef’s knife, and it might be interesting to get one made to order…!

5thElefant
    Free Member

Have you ever stood at the wrong end of an air pistol / BB gun pointed at you with a threat and had to make a decision as to what to do about it?

😆

You weren’t there man….

daftvader
    Free Member

No, however I have seen the results of being shot by an air pistol at close range to the head (a kid my mum used to teach, made national news) still doesn’t explain why I am crackers to make such a thing or the person to own such a thing. More people are threatened every day by others in cars. Are we crackers to own them?
    I have also been, rather damagingly, at the wrong end of a knife….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

yosemitepaul – Member
    Have you ever been in a… in a Turkish prison?

Seems as relevant as your original post. Hardly a surprise to see the “all guns iz teh evilz!” brigade coming out to play.

Guns in the hands of responsible, legal owners aren’t the problem. Da yoot dem no get da nice holsterz made, blud. Yagetme?

revs1972
    Free Member

I think I’d rather have someone waving an air pistol at me at close quarters than one of daftvaders knives

daftvader
    Free Member

Just cos everyone in “da village” owns a gun CFH!!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not everyone, DV. 😉
    The village gun shop is a funny old place, though! You should, however, drop a card in there or something. Might be some business for you.

daftvader
    Free Member

Not a chance… Not a nice man at all… There used to be 2 gun shops round here and he was, allegedly, the main cause of the second one closing due to very underhanded methods….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Interesting. Had wondered why it was so quiet! Haven’t used them myself, prefer a place in Salisbury. Might get in touch with you for the lowdown though.

revs1972
    Free Member

Daftvader, have you ever used Kydex to make holsters , sheaths ?

devilman
    Free Member

The embossed logo really finishes the peice.
    Slick.
    DM

daftvader
    Free Member

Revs, that’s the first holster I have ever made! But not used any for sheaths either. Was thinking of going it a go. But I prefer leather.
    Devilman (90’s manga fan by any chance??) thanks, I had it made from my design, I have a smaller stamp for my blades too

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Amazing work. A thing of beauty..

Mind, you’ll have all the air soft Walts clambering over themselves to get orders in!

daftvader
    Free Member

I don’t mind! Could do loads of these as they’re quite alot easier than knife sheaths!!! And thnks!!

revs1972
    Free Member

I think the Airsoft boys would be clambering over the Kydex ones.
    cant beat the smell and texture of leather though

daftvader
    Free Member

The smell is the best… I use Renesance wax as the final polish and it smells amazing!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘that's not a knife….’ is closed to new replies.