• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • That would be a police matter: Parking?
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

So I sent a tweet-this is no time for letters to MPs-to the council about perennial crap parking from black cabs in front on easy access kerbs. The response was “Please take it up with the police”.

While the immediate problem at any given time may be a police matter, surely the jurisdiction on where taxis idle lays with tha cooncil?
    Exasperated in Edinburgh.

Suggsey
    Free Member

But that would mean the council licensing dept sending a letter to each cabbie….a lot of work…..so instead they shift the work onto the police…… 🙄

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Photo of taxi + plate sent to council if it bothers you that much

langylad
    Free Member

Unfortunately after the recent cuts this won’t be dealt with by the police. Council should have a taxi enforcement officer.

Onzadog
    Free Member

some local authorities in England have to powers to fine owners of vehicles obstructing dropped kerbs. Not sure how this plays out in Scotland though.

Police can deal with obstruction but it’s only obstruction at the exact moment it’s in someone’s way. If no one wants to cross, it’s not obstruction.

Taxi drivers piss me off because the second something like this is raised, they claim they’re being victimised. Ironically, they also claim to be professional drivers.(i hated having to work with the bastards)

thv3
    Free Member

Licensing Dept – Pic of taxi showing plate number with date and time, not a Police matter

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cooncil licenses the taxi feckers

Polis polices the parking, spaek to them.

Or just become a Freemason and influence things that way.

Davesport

Is’nt the Taxi office at Murrayburn Rd road run by the Polis ?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’m not quite at the point of life when I want to document, day after day, different drivers at the same spot doing the same thing. I’ve sent pics & plates before, to no reply. I can’t see how permanent enforcement, particularly in the city centre, is anything other than a local authority issue.

“Yeah, sorry we missed the burglar, Alan the taxi driver was being inconsiderate”. Not a police job.

Edit: Would a sign or some big lines not help a tiny, tiny bit?

ojom
    Free Member

One thing that really makes me mad is dicks parking on kerbs and pavements. There are some total bells at some new flats at Juniper Green that enrage me.

andyl
    Free Member

I keep seeing taxis and council vehicles parked on a corner in town with double yellows AND no loading symbols. I wish there was more ‘bobbies on the beat’ to not only reduce serious crimes but to be able to issue on the spot fines for things like this as in this case in particular i have seen cyclists nearly get hit many times when going round illegally parked vehicles.

CountZero

I keep seeing taxis and council vehicles parked on a corner in town with double yellows AND no loading symbols. I wish there was more ‘bobbies on the beat’ to not only reduce serious crimes but to be able to issue on the spot fines for things like this as in this case in particular i have seen cyclists nearly get hit many times when going round illegally parked vehicles.

Isn’t that what traffic wardens are supposed to be for?

nealglover
    Free Member

[chewkw]… Bureaucrats….. Zombie maggots…. Etc ….. [/chewkw]

andyl
    Free Member

Isn’t that what traffic wardens are supposed to be for?

Well yes, for parking offences but they are not much use for anything else.

I did see a police car and a traffic warden car parked on double yellow lines by the vet school one night. I then spotted the police AND traffic wardens chatting away in the fish and chip shop while waiting for their food… really should have taken a photo of that!

The other week in Devon I spotted a traffic warden car parked on double yellows on a corner. I said something about, quite loudly, to the OH and then looked round to see the traffic warden coming towards us. At which point I went back to check our car was parked 100% legally (not touching any lines, slightly too far from curb etc) in case she spotted which car we got out of and wanted to be picky. 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘That would be a police matter: Parking?’ is closed to new replies.