Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)
  • That which has been seen cannot be undone – retro Unimog camper on ebay
  • ianv
    Free Member

This might make a pretty cool camper conversion:

http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/,26,52,/55609/Reynolds_Boughton_.htm

fasthaggis

Bob
    Was it the attraction of ..

Barracuda thermal insulation and
    Ice cold air conditioned ,
    or
    The heavy duty chassis ,Wolf rims

And all mod cons 😉

z1ppy

mmmmMMMMM

midlifecrashes

How about

‘s the future, innit?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

That’s a Batmobile and I claim my £5.

VanMan
    Free Member

Think they are from Judge Dredd???? The first one.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OtuG3p5Qos[/video]

ElShalimo

are they from the Stallone Judge Dredd film?

midlifecrashes

are they from the Stallone Judge Dredd film?

Yep, they looked really good in the flesh too, they did the rounds of county shows in 1995, saw them at the Royal Welsh. LandRover 101 with GRP bodywork and great paint.

obelix
    Free Member

Says a man with the imagination of a house brick

My thoughts exactly

Daniel
    Free Member

I had a 101. Great fun and the ambulance body or radio body version would make an excellent camper, but I’d do it with an ambulance bodied Wolf.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Think they are from Judge Dredd???? The first one.

Brilliant.

Seem to recall Versace designing the costumes – wonder if there was a hand in the vehicles too…

noteeth
    Free Member

A Kiwi biking friend regularly builds this sort of thing:

http://www.travellerhomes.co.uk/?s=267

trail_rat
    Free Member

Bad mcmoonter – im saving not supposed to look at cool campers …..

Noteeth – is your friend jeremy clarkson 🙂 – in all seriousness some of that stuff is pretty cool on that site but some of them look like the top gears cornwall campers….

noteeth
    Free Member

some of them look like the top gears cornwall campers

A mixed bag, for sure. 😀

The guy once wrote an article for STW, describing how he drove around zee mountains in a converted satellite broadcast truck. It was ace.

CountZero

Damn you all! I so very want something like a ‘Mog, or LR101, with an expedition back on it, and all mod-cons.
    That VW Combi with Scooby engine would work, too.
    However, something that does this has immense appeal…

😀

tomaso
    Free Member

wish I could photos properly on this tablet Canyon Factory Enduro team busis a sweet 4×4 Sprinter and I want it!

CountZero

Tomaso, what are you having difficulty with? When you find the image you want, and copy its URL, you just past into the window in the IMG box you get when you tap the button ^^, but you have to delete all the text in the box first.
    I use a tablet exclusively, and not found any significant issues.

CountZero

Yum!
    When the lottery coughs up…

matt_outandabout

Amazing Unimog conversions… 8)

hora
    Free Member

“Says a man with the imagination of a house brick”

Pah! The bloody things look like house bricks!

mogrim

Posted this link before, but it’s a great read about how to change a military truck into a living space: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/expedition-vehicles/955676-mah-deuce.html

fourbanger
    Free Member

In Germany right now and seriously struggling with not purchasing this:
    http://m.autoscout24.de/details_gallery?vehicleId=236511572&vehicleType=car

edlong
    Free Member

Not seen anything on this thread that I want more than the OP’s Unimog tbh. It really does appear to be right in every possible way.

Dear Santa…

damascus
    Free Member

First time I ever saw one was whilst cycle touring in Africa. I had no idea what they were and my mate belittled me.

It was the coolest thing I have ever seen. Covered in solar panels and a complete camper van.

4×4 could go anywhere. I have been hooked ever since.

I think they are one of those things you admire but in reality its probably not that great. (Unless you have deep pockets)

ianv
    Free Member

I saw this cute one in the Verdon a few years ago:

86 by ianvincent, on Flickr

84 by ianvincent, on Flickr

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Those reynolds are fairly awful things but i remember seeing them on an army base in warminster and being told they were test parachute dropping them out the back of Hercules.

cozz
    Free Member

what a great thread

I’d love a 4×4 overland camper

the purple land rover 101 is great, would love that

tomaso
    Free Member

OK take two of picture posting modern 4×4 van – thanks Count!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

jambourgie – Member

Some awesome vehicles here. I always fancied one that doubles up as a mobile sound-system. Just rock up to some picturesque remote place: Instant rave

One that our client’s built:

trail_rat
    Free Member

every time i ride through auchbreck up near glenlivet i see the mog grave yard.

shame as there are so many in there you could build a couple of good ains if you were given the opportunity.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I had a look at some youtube clips last night on 404 ‘mogs. Wow, they are amazing for such an early design. This one may have been modified a bit.

Specs say the mpg in the one in my OP would be ~ 10 max 😯

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3scRYxA_b8[/video]

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Like the BV 206 turned into a mobile DJ thing. Do not ever consider one of the Reynolds things. Worst vehicle i have ever driven.

In fact there is nothing cooler than a BV206. They swim, they have tracks and are just generally awesome.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

I’ve wanted a Mog since seeing one like this converted to a camper and being driver by 2 mad German blokes through Wadi Rum when we were in Jordan:

I’d love it if we got one of the updated versions to play with:

jackthedog
    Free Member

Never heard a good word said about the Reynolds Boughton. I wonder if the MOD regretted selecting it over Land Rover’s proposed alternative, the Llama.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I went to see the ‘mog this afternoon. For a near 50 year old truck it was in amazing condition. The engine bay only had a light coating of dust from storage. The radio body had it’s own suspension system. One or two bits of rust on the cab sills. The roof looked as if it had never been wet. There were no oil or fluid leaks.

It had been in Fife just along the road from me. It’s titled owner was Lord Elgin.

The vendor had been mucked around with one previous buyer. A second had sent a cheque that was yet to clear. I left him my number. I think he’d take just under £3,000 for it which would make it a steal.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Fire up the mog !!!!!think of the previously un accessable logs you could get. Portal axels for the win.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Trailrat, my brother and I have been carrying logs out of the woods clearing up after a series of chainsaw courses. I tried to get the Land Rover in between the trees but it was impossible. Once you get into it it’s not so bad. I hope to build another couple of Holz hausens before Christmas.

The axle clearance on the ‘mog was unbelievable.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yeah but your landy has all those frivalous bits on them 🙂

Yah lad in the offroading club up here used to have portals on a trials landy. Raised the cog too much and it would fall over all the time :/

matt_outandabout

Ooooo, new form name to mogmoonter?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘That which has been seen cannot be undone – retro Unimog camper on ebay’ is closed to new replies.