Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • that was quite tough (soft old dad content).
  • ton

just got back from taking my 16yr old daughter to start her new life in the armed forces.
    nearly blubbed like a big old lady, but managed to keep it together while the wife and daughter shed a few.

when the son went in, i was overjoyed for him, but must admit i was a little apprehensive about my little girl going in. i reckon she will be ok though……i hope. 🙂

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

She’ll be fine big lad

somouk
    Free Member

She’ll be reet, what’s she off to do?

Bregante

She’ll be fine Ton. My lad is part way through his phase 2 now and he loves it but he picked up a recurring injury and is having to have some surgery in the next couple of weeks. I can’t believe how much he’s grown up in the space of 7 months.

ton

She’ll be reet, what’s she off to do?

royal artillary…..with hopes of horse artillary in the very distant future.

somouk
    Free Member

She’ll be joining a good bunch then and no doubt there will be tears initially but they’ll all bond once the basic training kicks in.

plus-one

Best thing she could do … My daughter no.2 joined up 2 year ago(17) she was a typical teen before she went lazing about no respect etc.. She came back a different person(in a good way) been to Kenya now based in Germany ..

Downside on leave she’s out on lash and wakes me up at all hours !!!!

scud
    Free Member

Ex 7 Para RHA, they are a good lot, she’ll be in goods hands mate

lowey

Sending manhug.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dropshort to Donkey Walloper? Good for her, Ton, you should be bloody well proud of her! (As I’m sure you are!)

Not off to Larkhill, is she? If so, be sure to get up there for the Point to Point one day. I’ll stand you a pint in the Flying Malet! 🙂

ton

flash, she is mate, for her phase 2 hopefully.

mt
    Free Member

“nearly blubbed like a big old lady” Someone will be along shortly to tell you that you are sexist and ageist :-). Also a dysfunctional parent for having to kids in the forces :-).

I bet you are very proud and good on you and your wife.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ah, the nine mile snipers eh..
    She’ll be fine Tony..
    It’s a great thing to be doing.
    All the best to her.

bearnecessities

Nice parentage work; congratulations. 😀

Sandwich

Nothing beats 5 rounds fire for effect on Salisbury Plain of a Sunday morning to wake the neighbours. (Except possibly 7 or 8).

takisawa2

She’ll be fine man.

**Slaps back of hardened Northenerer.

LsD
    Free Member

royal artillary…..with hopes of horse artillary in the very distant future

I really don’t think firing horses out of a big cannon is anything you should be encouraging young people to aspire to…
    *runs off giggling and farting*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nothing beats 5 rounds fire for effect on Salisbury Plain of a Sunday morning to wake the neighbours. blow up a shed in Netheravon

This happened many years ago. Chap busily tootling away in his garden, down towards Haxton, when BOOM. The Dropshorts blew up his shed! You can commit many ills against a man, but shedicide? Unforgivable!

Luckily, it didn’t hit the most important building in the village…SP4 9QB 🙂

ninfan
    Free Member

Artillery you say?

matt_outandabout

CountZero

Good to see the girls giving ’em both barrels… 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘that was quite tough (soft old dad content).’ is closed to new replies.