Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • That was a Group and a Half today Abney moor/Brough Lane.
  • dobiejessmo
    Free Member

In 22 years of off-road riding never seen a group that big.Mountain biking is definitely not dieing in the Peaks.Did you get many punctures with that many riders.Told some walkers half way down there was loads of bikers coming they must of wondered when your group was going to end :-).Lovely day out there.

FOG

There was an event starting in Hope I think. I too decided to go out for a ride today along with the world and his wife. I got to The Roych about 9.30am to find hordes of runners sprinting across it. When I came back across Roych four hours later after a loop over Middle Moor, Lantern Pike and Chinley Churn it was to meet the MTB ride coming down from Kinder/Jacob’s Ladder and back over The Roych. I didn’t have a lonely ride back.[ Terrible confession, they had a feed staion at the end of the Roych and I helped myself to some juice and a bit of flapjack]
    Abney was one of the first off road sections so I suppose they were still pretty much together

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Abney wasn’t in the hope challenge – hope cross/beast/jaggers – then over to jacobs etc

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Think Cotic had a big demo day near hope too.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hi FOG i got to Roych about 12 guy said not many runners left but 200 odd bikers will be coming up soon so went the other way.Not done Roych Clough for a few years.There was a feed station at the end of the track near Tideswell moor.Bikers on Abney had no numbers on there bikes.Was very busy out and about.Dont think i would of got away with nabbing some food at the feed station as i was on a trail bike.
    Will try Roych next year.Lovely area.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘That was a Group and a Half today Abney moor/Brough Lane.’ is closed to new replies.