Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • That thumb
  • Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

It’s supposed to represent optimism, but its distorted and sickly appearance suggests to me, more, a lack of optimism: trying to make like everything is OK when, really, it’s not.

It’s almost like a parody of a thumbs-up and, by extension, a parody of optimistic sentiment.

A good, self-confident, well-formed thumb would have felt more optimistic to me, but perhaps this thumb is actually a more honest symbol of the times.

* I’m not an artist.

What would need to be wrong with you to end up with a thumb like that? If this is the country’s collective thumb, what illnesses does it represent?

P-Jay
    Free Member

I don’t understand Art, but I know a few people I’d be positively glad to see that jabbed up the back end of.

eddie11
    Free Member

I don’t know much about art but I know what I hate and I don’t hate this.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I don’t hate it, and I’m glad it’s there. I was just musing as I ate my sandwich.

Peyote
    Free Member

Reminds of that X-files episode with the elongated fingerprints by the chap who could slide under doors.

The X-files never inspired me with optimism, more a curious sense of a lack of knowledge and being relatively powerless in the grander scheme of things… …surprisingly similar to how I feel as a citizen of Britain now really.

wwaswas

They used a proctologist as the model…

yunki
    Free Member

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

says it all 🙂

martinhutch

Perhaps it’s a finger?

Apparently this is not photoshopped!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘That thumb’ is closed to new replies.