Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • that there job on the home page
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

great opportunity, but i think you’ll struggle to fill those boots with that package. i wish you luck!

househusband

And not the first vacancy to arise within a few weeks from a departure; am sure only a coincidence.

weeksy

must be up north ?

franksinatra

There is another page other than just the forum?

I’mm of to look!

tomhoward

I’d bite their arm off. If I had any artistic tendancies whatsoever.

scotroutes

It’ll probably go to some hot 19-year old with no qualifications but a great interview technique.

jackthedog
    Free Member

I thought the wage seemed low.

somouk
    Free Member

I thought the wage seemed low.

I’d agree, a lot of stress for what appears to be a low salary.

I wonder if some of the perks and amount of riding time account for the salary?

_tom_
    Free Member

Well I shall be applying, might as well 🙂 better salary than what I’m on now and it would actually be nice to be a bit busier at work, I have far too much down time spent sat around watching telly or trawling the internet.

willjones
    Free Member

Horrified to see what the going rate for such a commercially important role is (assuming this is indicative). It’ll be perceived as a good lifestyle choice for someone… assuming they have the time to get away from the screen.

jackthedog
    Free Member

I’d agree, a lot of stress for what appears to be a low salary.

I wonder if some of the perks and amount of riding time account for the salary?

Horrified to see what the going rate for such a commercially important role is (assuming this is indicative).

It’s a total buyer’s market in the creative industries right now. Hundreds / thousands of us all scrabbling for the same handful of jobs. Can’t see it changing in a hurry, if ever.

Pigface
    Free Member

Wouldn’t employ some one who was interested in cycling quite the opposite.

binners

Horrified to see what the going rate for such a commercially important role is (assuming this is indicative)

Welcome to my (and a few others on here) world. I reckon salaries for any creative/design position are down 30% easily, right the way across the board, from 5 years ago*. That’s a genuine drop. Not a ‘I didn’t get a pay rise in line with inflation this year’ thing. positions advertised at a third lower salary than they were in 2008. And that salary, with inflation, aint going to go as far. You can’t frisbee a flat cap in the Northern Quarter without hitting at least 5 out of work designers 😉

I wish I could afford to apply for it

* There may be the exception of central London to this

andeh

I applied for the last artsy one, apparently I wasn’t “qualified”and didn’t have enough “experience”, whatever that means. Pfft 🙄

binners

Are you a bricky? 😉

andeh

I WISH!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

* There may be the exception of central London to this

From talking to friends, there isn’t.

Clover

Current incumbent is being paid to ride huge mountains in Italy. Sounds like a terrible job.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve spent a while in the bike/ski trade. The pay is rubbish, but getting paid to ride/ski all day is great fun. Sadly, however, fun doesn’t pay the bills unless you have independent wealth, IMHO.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘that there job on the home page’ is closed to new replies.