Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • That Ryan Giggs eh?
  • Tiger6791

kimbers

If you are going to accuse the press of making false and inaccurate statements, then it’s perhaps not a good idea to make false and inaccurate statements in the same post ?

i stand by my statement; the papers ran with this story because they are happy to reinforce the opinion that immigrants are untrustworthy, i may be generalising here but imo its true

and he didnt pay therefore its free, as you pointed out the legal system is a cash cow for those on the inside and it needs reforming

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

i stand by my statement; the papers ran with this story because they are happy to reinforce the opinion that immigrants are untrustworthy, i may be generalising here but imo its true

But your statement is false – the very thing you accuse the press of. In the link you provide not once does the plaintiff or his lawyer make the allegation that this was a “race hate story”.

You have taken it upon yourself, in good ol’ Guardian reader tradition, to automatically make knee-jerk, wild, and completely baseless, allegations of “racism” when a non-white person is the victim of an injustice.

To suggest that the Daily Mail and the Sun would only vilified someone because they were non-white, and that they would not equally vilified a white person, is absurd.

And however much you and JY try to spin it, your claim that “the guy would never have had the chance to stick up for himself if the lawyer wasnt working for free” is false. The guy would never have had the chance to stick up for himself if the lawyer wasn’t working for a Conditional Fee Agreement.

The lawyer wasn’t “working for free” as you claim at all, in the same way that he wouldn’t have been working for free if a philanthropist had offered to pay the plaintiff’s legal costs.

Of course none of your false and inaccurate statements would have mattered very much if it hadn’t been for the fact that the purpose of your post was to demand the end of false and inaccurate statements by the press. And if it wasn’t for the fact that knee-jerk “it’s racism” reaction by Guardian readers who are so quick to condemn Daily Mail readers of their knee-jerk reactions, didn’t wind me up. You are a Guardian reader aren’t you kimbers ?

abennell
    Free Member

I’ll be honest, i don’t care what happened as long as he is playing tonight!

andylaightscat
    Free Member

is it a home game or are they playing away……… 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

Would you mind scoring a couple if you were him?

chewkw
    Free Member

Is the bloke Count von Count? Why fit birds go for him is a mystery? 1, aaahhhh, 2 ahaahhh, 3 aahhhh ….

Junkyard
    Free Member

I fail to see why the paper he reads has any real bearing on this issue – perhaps it displays your own [oft quoted] bias and hatred of guaridan [actually intentional] reading lefties rather than have any real bearing on this story.
    the next issue over free is just semantics/pedantic

the guy would never have had the chance to stick up for himself if the lawyer wasnt working for free

whilst this would have been better worded the meaning [ though clumsy] is quite clear.
    Essentially if the defendant paid the fees before trial then the case would have not gone to trial. As he did not pay these fees [it was free]he was working for the defendant for free [in the sense he did not pay for his services]. I suspect you dont need to be a Guardian reader to think this but you may need to be a trotsky guradian hating pseudo troll to get so uppitty about it.

jimmy

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NeRoSFZWbs[/video]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member

I fail to see why the paper he reads has any real bearing on this issue – perhaps it displays your own [oft quoted] bias and hatred of guaridan [actually intentional] reading lefties rather than have any real bearing on this story.

😀 I love it…….the hypocrisy and inconsistency of Guardian readers !

Kimbers was attacking the behaviour of the Daily Mail and the Sun and press in general, whilst referring to the Guardian in a positive manner, I think therefore what paper he reads does indeed carry some bearing. Also the newspaper someone reads often reflects their attitude, something which you TJY, apparently agree with :

Junkyard – Member

I have no wish to engage with you, your view is contemptabile and you appear to be lacking in some basic attributes of humanity such as compassion and understanding. I pity you and your Daily Mail world view.

The relevance in this case is that kimbers made false allegations concerning a “racist hate story”……..Guardian readers are notoriously PC and imagine racism where it just doesn’t exist, and typically whenever a non-white person is a victim of an injustice.

But I get your point, slag off Daily Mail readers at every conceivable opportunity, but never ever criticise the extremism of Guardian readers. The problem occurs because I simple don’t accept that.

And btw with reference to your amusing “trotsky guradian hating pseudo troll” comment, it’s perhaps worth pointing out that the Guardian is highly likely to appeal to the trotskyite PC brigade, despite lacking any simular appeal to tankies like me…….as trots like to call us.

crankboy
    Free Member

ernie_lynch is you a tankie?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Top stalking BTW even I have no idea from which thread those wise words come – who ws it at? I think , that would obviously be suggesting someone is right wing and narrow minded rather than suggesting they read the daily mail per se. Hey you clutch at straws….they are organic ones from Waitrose aren’t they 😆
    I cant comment on the story directly but your view about lefties and percieved racism has some merit/truth in it.
    tankies? having googled it does not sound like you. You are a prgamatist.
    i assume even you prefer the guradian to the Murdock machine though it may be asking you which turd is the least smelly.
    I dont read the guardian – though I have suggested I do a few times for comedy affect. I get all my news from Radio 4 so obviously I am not middle class 😉

grum
    Free Member

Guardian readers are notoriously PC and imagine racism where it just doesn’t exist, and typically whenever a non-white person is a victim of an injustice.

But I get your point, slag off Daily Mail readers at every conceivable opportunity, but never ever criticise the extremism of Guardian readers.

Do you never got bored with your own weird contrary political trolling?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Not stalking, I’m surprised how many people can’t use the search facilities on here. Advanced search of “Daily Mail” under the username “Junkyard” is all that was required. There was of course a lot more examples, but I didn’t want to rub it in – I’m nice like that 🙂

And yes I read the Guardian. But I am as untypical a Guardian reader as you’re ever likely to get. And as for the label “tankie”, it’s one which I wear with cheerful pride, when accused being one by a trot 8)

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

xcstu
    Free Member

He’s only human I guess…

SamB
    Free Member

<3

DaRC_L

He’s only human I guess…

talk about damning men with faint praise – he’s a typical footballing knob, couldn’t keep it in his trousers = so he either shouldn’t have got married or should know better at his age.

Then to use a super-injunction to stifle the press, whilst the girl couldn’t afford it, was asking for the backlash he’s getting.

The issue is that you can’t legislate against salacious gossip when your jurisdiction doesn’t cover t’internet which has servers all over the world.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The penny dropped after I posted [ well on the way home ] and with all seriousness thank you for generosity I suspect there are a lot.

can i have an assist elfin?

chewkw
    Free Member

xcstu – Member

He’s only human I guess…

Honeydews …

Hairychested
    Free Member

^^^She clearly needs plenty of support^^^

CaptJon
    Free Member

Last night Giggs revealed he really likes living in Manchester but occasionally does miss Wales

Gary_C

On the front page of today’s Scum, picture of Giggs’ slut wearing a Man U top, skimpy white shorts, & a headline that says she thought that Giggs wanted to marry her…..FFS

🙄

Disclaimer: I didn’t buy the Scum, saw it on the shelves in WH Smith at lunchtime. 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

Gary_C – Member

On the front page of today’s Scum, picture of Giggs’ slut wearing a Man U top, skimpy white shorts, & a headline that says she thought that Giggs wanted to marry her…..FFS

So if you are interested here …

Daily mail – the best news in the world

Giggs deserves it put it this way since he was prepared to take the risks by boning around. LOL! Worst case is that he refuses to pay after boning her. What a tight git. I mean earning millions and yet refuse to pay. Mean bar-stewart. So a millionaire still wants to have a free meal ehhh?

😆

BigJohn

MAN UTD SQUAD: MIDFIELDERS:
    Owen Hargreaves
    Anderson
    A well known Premiership footballer
    Park Ji-Sung
    Michael Carrick
    Nani
    Paul Scholes
    Darren Fletcher

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘That Ryan Giggs eh?’ is closed to new replies.