Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • That picture of the white VW camper on the estuary / beach in Wales
  • geoffj

Where was it?

It might have been stoner, but I can't remember.

We're off down that way tomorrow, and I'd like to have a look if possible.

Ta

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Not my photo but I identified it as Ynys Las sands which is the South side of the Dovey estuary from Aberdovey. You drive there by either going North from Borth across the golf course or West from Tre R Ddol on the Machynleth to Aberystwyth road. Spent many happy hours there waterskiing on the estuary when the sea was too rough.

geoffj

Thanks Piston – may have to have a wander on Friday 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member
    geoffj

Cheers Stoner – can you recommend a campsite in the area? We stopped at the small on in Furnace last time, but I vowed never to return after they insisted on charging for our (then) 18 month old son. 👿

rubberneck
    Free Member

STONER,,,, so its not just me who chongs then 8)

Tiger6791

My house is just the other side of the estuary 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

rubberneck – not even close…

geoff – we parked up somewhere. I never remember where, we never use campsites in the uk, only on the continent where they are much better.

Tiger6791

There was also a picture in the local paper of a Transit parked up and the tide in to over it's windows. So pick your spot

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Far be it for me to tell Stoner where he took the photo but the street map location he gave is wrong, the estuary is definitely the Dovey opposite Aberdovey. There are several campsites in Borth, the nearest of which is right at ethe end of the road just before the beach, used to be called Sea Rivers. The nicest one is Glan Lerry but that is back in Borth.

Tiger6791

Any excuse to post a photo of my boat 🙂

From the other side, you can see the cars on the sand in the background

Tiger6791

and no it's not the rubber one it's the one with sails 🙂

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Wow a Mirror dinghy, small world, a freind of mine at college (30 years ago)is the son of the inventor, Barry Bucknell who was also a tv DIY pioneer. The plans were published in the Mirror newspaper and it was possible to build it yourself without the need to bend the plywood and the whole rig folded down so it would go on the roof of a Mini. It was also stitched together using copper wire and fibreglassed to stop the joins leaking. Where has innovation like that gone?
    We were posh, I learned to sail in a Topper 😛

Tiger6791

Wow a Mirror dinghy

Never has anybody said that before! but it is fun and I should have a GP14 being that it lives in Aberdyfi but I just like the Mirror for some unknown reason 😐

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘That picture of the white VW camper on the estuary / beach in Wales’ is closed to new replies.