Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • that moment when you realise how good the top riders are…
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

or just how rubbish you are…

Went to fortbill for the first time last weekend. First time I’d been on an MTB in about 18 months, but thought I’d give the WC course a go.

Whilst I’m pretty rubbish, I can get down most things, and indeed managed to get down the track in one piece. But its only on riding it that I fully appreciate how good these boys (and girls) really are.

I left thinking how on earth do those lads get down there in 4.5 minutes…

A quick glance at youtube suggests that they just jump over everything that I was threading my way through with my brakes on..

rather depressing really…

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I got under 15 mins. Felt like i was flying. Just shows… kudos for doing it though

tpbiker
    Free Member

I had to stop on numerous occasions due to arm pump..

Brilliant fun though..best day on a bike in ages..

on a seperate note…also did the red run…if thats a ‘red’ run then I’m Arron Gwin

thepurist

I was saying something similar about that Marcus fella that Federer beat. He could turn up at any tennis club in the country and probably beat everyone there, but Federer is another step on from that. That’s what you get from sacrificing a load of other things, spending hours training and practicing and then having unbelievable natural talent to boot.

br
    Free Member

I live near the Tweed Valley so regularly ride the Enduro stages from the various EWS’s and the like – the fast guys get down in half my time, are averaging twice the speed and I’m sure jump the stuff I roll down…

whatnobeer
    Free Member

My Roots and Rain profile shows that on any given race in Whistler the winner will usually be about 30% faster than I am. The winner is usually Chris Kovarik or Remy Metallier, so retired DH winner and local fast guy who’s not quire fast enough for WC races. Remys helmet cams in particular show just how fast he is compared to me.

mrmo
    Free Member

Le plat du Mandelon

Having seen the ground, having seen how easy it isn’t! and then seeing the difference between myself and Sauser makes you wonder how.

ell_tell
    Free Member

I love (in a slightly depressing way) comparing thee to professional sports persons.

E.g. I always used to think the long jump was a piece of cake. I mean, how hard can it be to run and jump? It’s not until you actually measure out the distance do you realise how ridiculously far those guys jump!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘that moment when you realise how good the top riders are…’ is closed to new replies.