Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • That first ride after a serious injury..
  • .duncan
    Free Member

Doesn't it just feel incredible to be back on the bike again? Had my first ride in six weeks and it was 80% joy an 20% being dropped by regular riding mates.

highclimber
    Free Member

yeah I did the same the other day. I was little apprehensive as I went back to the place of the injury! I soon got back into it!

wee-al
    Free Member

I can't wait for mine. Coming up for two weeks since my injury, at least four till i can get back on. More like six. Can't wait.

Missing the rest of summer though, hey ho.

woool
    Free Member

I've had this feeling twice in 2.5 years (both because of a busted clavicle).

It's truly angelical and 'almost' worth the time off the bike for…

scoobmw
    Free Member

I dunno … I found it great to be out again, but confidence severely dented. On what I conider to he 'hard' terrain, a yeat later I've nae bottle. After 2 months I couldn't physically do the same stuff, but after about 4 months I thought … this is better … not sure if it's simple to get back to wwere one was tho'.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I can relate to this! Busted my
    Wrist a few years ago and was out for ages and had my confidence knocked and a few months ago did my coccyx 🙁 felt ace to get back out there as i felt like i had had my wings clipped.

jackal
    Free Member

The mind takes longer to heal than the body, fitness will build quicker than confidence, but I suppose it depends on how serious your injury was.
    I was out for about 4 months last year, that first proper ride felt awesome, amazing how depressed you can get when you can't ride 🙁

jedi

when i broke my tibia i was out for 4 weeks. riding knowing i couldnt jump off my bike if it went wrong was a wierd but calming feeling

Tango-Man
    Free Member

Is six weeks off all you need for a serious injury? I did that in hospital, then had to learn to stand upright and walk again, 3 years later I'm riding again….. 6 weeks, p'ah 😀 😆

njee20
    Free Member

I was only about 8 weeks and I didn't like it at all! I had no fitness, no confidence and could barely ride up hills I'd never noticed before!

Sancho
    Free Member

Im hoping to get out in a couple of weeks after a busted Humerus

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘That first ride after a serious injury..’ is closed to new replies.