Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • That Fabian Barel how to corner video.
  • seanthesheap
    Free Member

I seem to remember there being an MTB code back in the early 90’s, it said things like yield trail and don’t drop litter and be self sufficient and other stuff like that, i also seem to remember it saying something about leave no trace, for example no skid marks on the trail. So, has that whole thing gone out of the window now? Are we teaching people new to the sport that its ok to skid trails up? If so is that why some people resent us being out there? They see trails all torn up and think, damn cyclists! I realise that the video may be intended to help people on race day. Sorry to be moaning but stuff like this and discarded inner tubes and gel wrappers doesn’t do us any favours regarding access.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There’s a new m and s food just opened up the road, I’m off for biscuits.

grum
    Free Member

But…. ENDUROOOOOOOO!!!!!

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I like the video he does on drop offs more to be honest.

sharkattack

SMASH THE SISTEM!!!1

MSP

Nobody can really ride like that, it’s all done with CGI. No actuall trails were harmed in the making of that film.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Aren’t we supposed to keep up with the horserists when it comes to damaging trails and BWs?

mintimperial

Do you know, I’d basically dismissed that FB video as a load of cobblers, but now the OP has pointed out that it winds up Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells I’m off out to practice my skids on the nearest golf course. 😉

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

That video was hilarious… Oh yez… zee flicks zee bieek this waay… zen zee flicks zee bieek the other way.

If I tried to do that I’d be in zee hedge.

Northwind

I have a bit of a fabien barel mancrush but IMO that’s not cool- it’s one thing doing it when racing but it’s not appropriate everyday technique. Not that anyone’s going to watch the video and actually learn how to corner like him, from that, but it’ll probably motivate some folks to skid uncontrollably…

(I’ve had a few cross words with some local coaches teaching people how to straightline corners and ride off trails, similar thing)

Kryton57

My kid did a skid the other day. I told him off, on the basis that as he’s 7 its likely me having to pay for a new tire that’s the real reason.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘That Fabian Barel how to corner video.’ is closed to new replies.