• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Thanks to LMT and Cannock peeps
  • crash_gav
    Free Member

Just a thanks to a few on Cannock Chase on Sunday and LMT for mentioning it

Working in Birmingham therefore headed over to Chasewater and hired a Kona for wander over to the trails. The people at the shop there are ace and looked after me really well (they officially open in a couple of weeks with a micro brewery next door so look out for it).

Found my way upto a large carpark area (in the park) where a couple of lads tried to direct me towards the red routes, of course I hadn't got a clue where I was going so ended up going down to a path which ran along beside a river with open hillside to my left and woods to my right. Decided to hike up a hill to my right which took me onto a nice ST with stone chute at end. Carried on similar direction with a few deviations up the hill and straight back down until coming out at a place called Millford.
    Turned round and managed to find my way onto another ridge with some more ST that took me out at some stepping stones across the stream, really nice swoopy track that :-). Carried on motorways back up hill until I stumbled upon a caravan site and some lads (coach taking others round the route was very helpful, cheers mate) . Found out where I was and more importantly found out that the red was right in front of me (weh hey). Nice fast swoopy single track with a lot of braking bumps (not so good with the dart fork) down to the cafe, nice step over routes and small jumps. After talking to lad in bike shop, carried on red until turnoff to Monkey and rode down to main road/train crossing. Had to head along road from there back to Chase water so obviously missed a lot of the more difficult stuff on the route but enjoyed the day and it was roasting hot as well.

If you helped a Scottish guy that had tourist written all over him thanks to you all. I was the guy in the bright yellow shirt on a Red Kona Fire Mountain which didn't really fit in with all the nice machinery on view. One guy I asked where the routes were said "there are some nice family trails in that direction mate", which said it all.

cheers all,

Gav 8)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Thanks to LMT and Cannock peeps’ is closed to new replies.