Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Thanks classifieds! My new Frankenbike called Boris.
  • doncorleoni
    Free Member

Hi all, seen a few negative posts regarding sales on the classifieds so thought I would share my new fully rigid commuting build.

All bits bar the forks were bought off classifieds. Every single transaction was great! Items arrived quickly and we’ll packaged (especially the frame!).

For those of you I bought bits off, many thanks and behold the awesomeness that is Boris:

Actually rides extremely well…. Nice and quick…. Running old school narrow bars to zip through traffic and trees. The 29 / 26 combo works really well, it’s a genesis core 40 frame so designed for longer travel forks….. Fitted some on one 26 rigid forks and the 29 wheel fits fine. This raises front end up a little and coupled with a dropped stem works well.

dannybgoode

That looks like fun!

Nice build…

Cheers

Danny B

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Thanks Danny, yeah it is good fun 🙂 takes a bit of getting used to after riding a full sus! Having to relearn how to ride properly!

Legoman
    Free Member

Is that astroturf? Looks far to neat to be real!

Like the bike – roughly how much do you think you spent? Hope you don’t mind me asking, just thinking of a similar project

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yeah it’s fake grass 🙂

Probably about £230 in total bar the forks which were 40 so 270 in all.

hora
    Free Member

Me’ybee this is the new wheel standard?

Didnt the old bighit have 24/26?

ThePinkster

hora – Member
    Me’ybee this is the new wheel standard?

err…. I think you’ll find 69ers old hat, old chap, been done years ago.

Looks like a fun bike. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Thanks classifieds! My new Frankenbike called Boris.’ is closed to new replies.