Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Thank you Windwave
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

I just want to say thanks to Windwave. I've got a set of Marzocchi AM SLs. These forks are basically a 32mm stanchion version of the 55s that came out 6 months later and have suffered from the same reliabilty issues. First my TST cartridge died leading to no rebound damping – fixed under warranty, and recently my ATA cartridge died leading to the forks self shortening the travel. Now unfortunatley I'd not been riding the full susser with these forks on very much over the last year and sods law….take the bike out for a week of riding in wales, find the problem with the ATA cartridge, check sales paperwork on return home to find I'm about a month beyond the 2 year warranty. Poo.
    Ok, phoned Windwave and explained, asked if they could do me a favour and repair them anyway, or strike a deal at least. I got a polite but firm, 'No' and a quote for about 80 quid. Frustrated but not surprised I stripped the forks from the bike and had them lieing around for a couple of months while I contemplated binning them and investing in something new. Finally decided to repair them and sent them off to windwave. Just had a phone call to say the forks are repaired, the ATA cartrdge has been replaced under 'Warranty' and I've just been charged for the service which I requested was done at the same time. So I'm chuffed to bits 😀

Marzocchi forks are fantastic when they work and I know I'll enjoy riding them again. The reliability issue that I've experienced, and seen that many others have too, had got me thinking that future fork purchases would be fox or RS (I've had Pace before….great, when they work) but now Marzocchi will be back on my list. Thank you Windwave.

Rickos
    Free Member

I'm interested in 'zocchi for 2010. Look good (again).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Thank you Windwave’ is closed to new replies.