• This topic has 165 replies, 58 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)
  • Thank the Lourdes
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

It’s time to go racing! Bruni, Hart, Minnaar, Gee?

kevj
    Free Member

Is there anywhere I can watch the qualifying? Loads on the Redbull site for tomorrow, but I can’t see a link for today.

legend
    Free Member

Nah no quali coverage, just the sick edits that’ll pop up afterwards

riklegge

Interesting to see Gee fastest in timed training. I know it can change quite a lot come race time, but top three all sub three minutes can’t be too far off race pace.

chakaping
    Free Member

Quali results are going to be very interesting.

Gee looked very confident in the Dirt video and is obviously going well.

legend
    Free Member

but top three all sub three minutes can’t be too far off race pace.

I’ll guess that 5 seconds at least come off those times. No one ever shows their hand in timed practice

chakaping
    Free Member

Dirt are Facebook Live-ing from the finish line for qualis.

chakaping
    Free Member

Vergier (29er)
    Bruni
    Hart
    Gwin

At the mo

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Gb Woman kicking butt,

1 // Tahnee Seagrave
    2 // Rachel Atherton
    3 // Manon Carpenter

Junior Men, GB doing well here as well!

1 // Matt Walker
    2 // Kaos Seagrave
    3 // Finn Iles

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

A 29er will win and that will finally settle the argument. Could we be heading back to one wheel size after this year?!

Rorschach
    Free Member

The UCI will get involved….then it’ll be a clusterfunk.

km79
    Free Member

Did they get involved when 650b/27.5 hit the scene? If not then why this time?

legend
    Free Member

We as in all mountainbiking? Or just DH? Thought the arguement hadn’t even. Even settled in XC world yet?

zippykona

DH doesn’t register in my world at all but I will be staying tuned to see if the 29s win.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

DH doesn’t register in my world at all but I will be staying tuned to see if the 29s win.

Of course they’ll win, it’s a conspiracy. The UCI will make absolutely sure the 29ers do well, then the industry can sell all the fickle downhillers new big wheeled bikes next season.
    Those righteous “26 ain’t dead” types will all be riding 29ers within the next two years. You can bet your house on it.
    And with it, the image of DH will be ruined forever. No more gnarly motowhips under the Fort Bill banner, just riders holding on for dear life, hoping a sidewind doesn’t catch the 700c wheels (huge sails) attached to either end of their bikes.

legend
    Free Member

They should probably bring back skin suits to counter the cross-wind effect of the big wheels then

bavariangaz
    Free Member

Anyone know if this is on freeview tomorrow? Think I read it somewhere a few days ago that it was but can’t find it now. Know it’s available online but my 2mbps internet doesn’t stream well…

twistedpencil

Bike Channel have it I believe, hopefully using the red bull feed.

mikey74
    Free Member

So what happens when everyone is on 29ers and there’ll be no advantage to having them any more?

davosaurusrex

What happens then is that everyone will be on 29ers and there’ll be no advantage to having them anymore.

It’ll be like when everyone was on 26ers except the wheels will be bigger and everyone will be going faster.

deviant
    Free Member

This could backfire on the industry massively, if 29ers dominate this season expect the big factories to have them on the shop floor next year.

Once everyone is on 29er DH bikes, 26 inch will be the domain of the cheap eBay bargain and 650b although still good will be seen as old hat…..once everyone is on 29ers what does the industry introduce then to keep interest high and profits increasing?!

This could well be a developmental dead end where they’ve inadvertently created the perfect DH bike and have no where to go.
    Wouldn’t mind if the R&D went into suspension tech instead but it’ll be interesting how the industry spins this, big firms like Santa Cruz, Trek, Spesh etc may well delay rolling out production ready bikes in order to bleed the 650b market dry first but if a company like YT or Radon were to beat them to the punch it would put a cat among the pigeons.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I think some people are over thinking this.

And others wading in even though they haven’t any interest in DH, but have some weird wheel dimension obsession.

Bring on the racing!

chakaping
    Free Member

T-minus 45mins.

Better walk the dog now.

km79
    Free Member

In a video interview with Dirt the Santa Cruz guy said that the UCI rules are that if you race on something then you have 9 months to get it into production and up for sale.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Has anyone got a link to the schedule for today. The one giving the rider start times.

dannyh
    Free Member

Anyone got a link to red Bull? The page doesn’t seem to be working.

km79
    Free Member
    dannyh
    Free Member

Same here, at least it’s not me, then!

muttley109
    Free Member

Same here, anyone got a live feed yet?

chakaping
    Free Member

Do we think the noon BST start time is correct?

I don’t wanna get on Twitter to check and inadvertently and find out the results of the women’s.

ferrals
    Free Member

Being played on bike channel, crazy weather apparently

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

I just got it. Saw 10 seconds of Miranda Miller and now it’s just lumped back to the Starting Soon page.

chakaping
    Free Member

OK I’ll give it a few mins then it’s downstairs to the TV. Is it the Red Bull feed with Warner on BIKE?

Was trying to get a bit of work done at the same time.

Andy_K

Carpenters not having a good one. All down to Rach with a cold!

gilesmartin81

Is there really a hour to wait for the men’s race?

km79
    Free Member

Just got the livestream on the phone app as the womens programme finishes. I stayed in to watch this this afternoon as well.

badllama
    Free Member

Me too km79 mens race best work other wise it’s been a waste of a afternoon. 😕

Diane
    Free Member

Feckssake thank goodness it’s not just me 🙁

mattbee

No stream on iPhone app, web or Apple TV for me. Gah!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Thank the Lourdes’ is closed to new replies.