Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thames cycle path
  • lrd
    Free Member

There's a path running alongside the river from the Thames barrier apparently as far as the Cotswolds. My bro's just got a place in Amersham and I fancy getting the tube into the city and riding back out as far as Maidenhead. Anybody done this and got any tips, it seems you have to leave the path in places as it's footpath only so I'm wondering how practical it is.

I'm sure there's some proper riding in the area too, just fancied this for a change.

Sonor
    Free Member

I've ridden the Thames path at various stages between Putney and Windsor.

There are a couple of places along the path that can end up under water as the tide comes in between Barnes and Kew.

At Weybridge you have to cross the river to keep going along the path. You can either do this by taking the ferry across which is run by the boat shop on the opposite side or by taking the road bridge at Walton and riding along the roads to pick the path up again.

And the other thing is the path swaps back over to the other bank at staines, so you will have to cross the road bridge there.

bananaworld
    Free Member

The 'Thames Path' in central London is a joke and a half. Further upstream it is better, nice even, but around the City/Westminster/Southwark/Lambeth it is non-existant.

I can recommend starting at Brentford/Kew Bridge and heading inland.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Thames cycle path’ is closed to new replies.