Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • TFTuned Revelation conversion to coil?
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

Anybody had this done?

Getting very bored with the various leaks in my air U-turn Team. Despite several rebuilds, they always start losing travle and/or leaking into the lower leg after a couple of rides. So its eally tempting.

However, having talked to TF about it, they basically fit a Pike spring, so max travel goes down to 140mm (no biggy), but I couldn’t get out of them what else they do. At that point the £165 they’re charging seems a little on the spendy side for a spring and a service…

Has anybody else had it done, and are you happy with the results…? (a confirmation of your weight and which spring you went for would also be nice!)

Thanks!

tomaso
    Free Member

You can buy a coil sektor for about that price and given the revelation’s chassis is used in the sektor it seems a bit of a waste?
    merlin sektors

hora
    Free Member

You could do it yourself! Get a 2nd spring and an assembly.

I did this with Lyrik DHC2 airs. Cost me 25 for u turn spring off here and 25 for the top assembly.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

You can buy a coil sektor

I know, but this way I keep the black box damping & dual flow rebaound piston, which is noticeably better than the non-BB.

You could do it yourself!

Aboslutely, which is why I asked them if they sold it as a kit. Thing is I don’t know if they do anything else to it at the same time – there might be damper mods, for example.

hora
    Free Member

If TF cant ask Fisher Outdoor.

hora
    Free Member

Uturn travel adjust cap:

http://www.tftunedshox.com/Catalogue/Shop-RockShox/RockShox/RockShox-Revelation-Parts

You can easily go air to coil but not the other way

RustyMac

£165 is very spendy, have you tried Si at locotuning? I would have thought you would be able to get a u-turn spring and top cap assembly for about half that from him and if you felt confident then fit it yourself.

freeridenick
    Free Member

sektor coils here with dual flow damper. they rock…

much better than my previous pikes. like a mini lyrik.

run them dual position with 140-110mm perfeck.

hora
    Free Member

Ive got DPC Sektors on the way 8)

Next payday off to loco for the damper mod

foxman
    Free Member

@ Jonedwards.
    spring conversion price = £165

service @ £93
    spring @£45
    negative spring assembly @ £20
    u-turn adjuster @ £25

So thats £90 in parts for an extra £72

legend
    Free Member

have you tried Si at locotuning?

I got the parts off Simon to convert Mrs Legend’s Rev. Went dual-position instead of u-turn (she only needs/wants up or down) and it cost around £55-£60 for everything I needed

wurzelcube
    Free Member

I’m having a similar problem with my revs and a coil conversion has been suggested. Jonedwards did you have yours done and did you notice the extra weight or Amy significant difference in ride quality?

techsmechs
    Free Member

You’re getting a service at that price and any other little upgrades internally they have discovered while servicing them day in day out.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Yep, so what’s the performance difference between a coil and air spring revelation?

legend
    Free Member

more small bump sensitivity and proper mid-stroke support, along with (person opinion)the generally much nicer feel of using a coil spring over an air spring.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Other than looking at the numbers on paper, is there a noticeable difference in weight when pedalling?

I guess the main disadvantage is set spring rates and not being able to dial in like an air fork e.g for sag etc

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘TFTuned Revelation conversion to coil?’ is closed to new replies.