• This topic has 35 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • TFI Friday back in June
  • Pook

Is it going to be the one show late or as amusing as it once was?

MSP

Chris Evans is just part of the establishment now, he has blurred into the same monotony as every other radio 2 or 6 presenter.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

What the man above said.

nealglover
    Free Member

If it’s generally successful and popular, I’m sure there will be a regular weekly thread on here to moan about it.

professor_fate
    Free Member

He’s hardly the Maverick anymore, seems happier with a pipe and slippers. They shouldn’t try to revisit the past – it was a product of the time (and a special time it was). Saying that i’d watch it out of curiosity 😉

brakes
    Free Member

I used to love it 15 years ago, but I imagine this time round it’ll be shit. In fact I hope it is so I can moan about it… on here.

Harry_the_Spider

Happy days…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyacZq8ulcA[/video]

pb2

I like Chris but this is going to flop, you should never go back. When he produced this first time around he was a very different person with a different mindset. Back then he wanted to see how far he could push the accepted “rules” of broadcasting, remember him doing the shows nude ? The show had a genuine feel of being anarchic, anything and everything was there to be challenged.

Today he married, has kids, collects expensive vintage cars and plays a lot of golf — I fear the worst !

wallop

Of course it’ll be different – TFI was 20 years ago FFS (let’s not forget that we have changed, and so has the British music scene), but Chris Evans is one of my favourite people on the planet. I don’t care how many of you have a pop at me about it. His enthusiasm for everything in life is just the tonic in the mornings – his optimism is uplifting and infectious and I think he is just great.

nealglover
    Free Member

It would have to try really hard to be worse than OFI Sunday.

Now that was bad.

pb2

Great clip and it proves the point, crazy anything goes show and if you **** up you simply say sorry and carry on as if nothings happened 🙂 btw its got nothing to do with the music scene (thats in perpetual change) and everything to do the spirit and the purpose of the show and there is no way the second coming will capture the spirit of the first show

eddie11
    Free Member

i was just thinking how times change about chris evans the other day. maverick anti bbc taste maker to one show presenter.

and now this!

surely todays equivalent of TFI friday is happening somewhere on youtube or snapchat or something away from us fogies.

nealglover
    Free Member

surely todays equivalent of TFI friday is happening somewhere on youtube or snapchat or something away from us fogies.

It probably is.

But I’m not convinced it will be aimed at the same age group as it was in 1996 when it started.

I thought it was more likely to be aimed at the same people who used to watch it, who are now older.

Otherwise why bring back the name, it means nothing to people who are 18-25 currently.

eddie11
    Free Member

please lets not have a texas revival to go with it. they were on every bloody week.

pondo

… Chris Evans is one of my favourite people on the planet. I don’t care how many of you have a pop at me about it. His enthusiasm for everything in life is just the tonic in the mornings – his optimism is uplifting and infectious and I think he is just great.

Abso-flippin-lutely. I think people are kidding themselves if they think he ever wasn’t “establishment”, he was a big-money BBC radio DJ back then too. But his endless cheer is just brilliant, contrast it with the po-faced enigma vacuum that follows him on R2 every day. The new TFI won’t be the same as it was, but then I probably wouldn’t enjoy it if it was. Looking forward to it.

wallop

Hurrah!

Drac

Dear God Blur are flat my ears are hurting.

zippykona

This is the first time I’ve seen it but by God it’s so much better than Graham Norton or that other bloke with the teeth.

kimbers

is the format of celebrity fawning cheesey host led tv chat shows all just very tired these days?

ive got a hard drive full of GOT, gotham, walking dead etc to get through at the moment wtf would I want to watch a chat show?

wallop

I’m really enjoying it!

benji
    Free Member

I’ve found my telly has an off button, I used to enjoy it, but that just was not for me.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

like it was never away, fantastic

hora
    Free Member

Those 17yr old twins look lovely

(Is that semi-illegal?)

hora
    Free Member

Bet its jason plato

Del

well done you.

i laughed all the way through. bit taken aback by how many of the out-takes i remembered. 😯

jools182
    Free Member

I enjoyed that

Can’t believe it was so long ago 😯

Infinitely better than Alan Carr

athgray
    Free Member

I also can’t believe how long ago the original was. Would liked to have seen more of Sean Ryder. Thought he looked quite well. Could have done with less Lewis Hamilron.

pondo

Ace, a great revival/farewell. 🙂

john_l
    Free Member

Dear God Blur are flat my ears are hurting.

It’s supposed to be, Coffee & TV innit. Bloody brilliant, couldn’t think of a better track.

Drac

It’s not meant to be that bad.

unovolo
    Free Member

Could have done with less Lewis Hamilton

Agreed, he is dull as dishwater even makes Kimi Raikonnen appear entertaining and he barely talks.

Those 17yr old twins look lovely

My thoughts exactly.

Really enjoyed the program and would like to see it return but NOT with Nick Grimshaw hosting it.

hora
    Free Member

Fantastic but he’d definitely struggle replacing JC

boblo
    Free Member

Lame. It’s had it’s day. :-/

dirtyrider
    Free Member

it was of its time, last night was a great recap show (apart from Hamilton), leave it now imo

randomtim
    Free Member

Didnt watch last night, but used to enjoy back in the late 90’s as a teenager. Even went to the recording in 2000 and saw Muse before they were properly famous !! Will i watch if it starts up properly agin? probably not. More important things to do on a friday night like drink Bass

Houns

More shows commissioned to be broadcast later in year

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘TFI Friday back in June’ is closed to new replies.