Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Testing your memory. Thin Goodridge bradied hoses.
  • nixie

Probably one more for the older riders or shop staff. A while back (around 2007 maybe) Goodridge changed for a short period to thinner hoses. They were pulled quite quickly though as they weren’t as easy to fit (iirc). What I can’t remember is if the fittings were the same between thin hose and thick hose, can anyone else?

Why does it matter? Because I’ve a set of the thin version that I’ve moved to a new frame that needs longer hoses.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Just ring them directly.
    I use them for custom lines on the race bikes and they are very, very good.
    sales@goodridge.net
    Natalie.Rossini@goodridge.net

nixie

Cool, thanks for those.

Baznav
    Free Member

Fittings where the same you had to trim off the clear coating on the thicker hose to get them in the fittings.

timbur
    Free Member

What Baznaz said.
    It took the fun out of trimming it away with a stanley knife. what could possibly go wrong!

nixie

😀 brilliant, thanks. Makes it a bit easier. Shame the thin hose was stop as its much more flexible than the thicker version.

Doh1Nut

You could get the thick hose to fit by cutting the clear coat, but they did have different fittings. From hope silver mono era – they had 5mm hose with 4mm being the new standard.
    I have both the thick and thin alloy fittings (or I am 90% sure I still have them)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Testing your memory. Thin Goodridge bradied hoses.’ is closed to new replies.