Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Test your Broadband speed you may be surprised
  • matthewjb
    Free Member

BT Infinity here

37mb download

16mb upload

Speedtest gives an even better result:

footflaps

I don’t think that uSwitch page is entirely accurate.

Given the biggest issue is congestion, I do wonder if they prioritise traffic to the test sites to make sure they look good. E.g. most evenings iPlayer barely works, but come 2am I can bittorrent at 20 Mb/s + every night.

_tom_
    Free Member

3.5 which is pretty shit tbh as the sky website said I should get at least 10.

Dibbs
    Free Member

coffeeking
    Free Member

6.2/0.36 BT, “normal” broadband line.

cchris2lou

27 down and 1.8 up .

virgin media .

samuri
    Free Member

12Mb down, 2Mb up but that’s by wireless which is a convoluted path in our house.

if I went upstairs on a wire I know I’d get 60Mb down no problem.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

im getting 30.3Mb down and 1.97 upload. all for £15.50 a month
    (no landline, no tv) with virgin.
    im looking at moving but a decent internet connection at a cheap price is a major deciding factor, and that means fibre optic

skids
    Free Member

The test in the opening post is not reliable

cfinnimore
    Free Member

If you want spectacular superfast ultra d/l, move to a flat above the Virgin exchange like me and my flatmate did circa 2010.

Then life completely changed and I live in the suburbs with Orange BB and I hate the internet.

*sigh*

Edit: Have been losing my shit trying to watch fun HD stuff on Vimeo so sacking Orange(for the third time in 5 years) and going BACK to BT. Again. Might try PlusNet. Much a’ Much a’ Same.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Virgin ruined my internet for 6 months so I can’t even be nostalgic about that pricks cola let alone his bandwidth propositions.

mikey74
    Free Member

I get 30mb download and 8-9mb upload with Broadband fibre.

kiwijohn

Went from 2.5Mbs on the old copper network, to 95Mbs on NBN cable.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ok so I lied a bit on the first one and used my parents postcode (with AOL as the provider so nobody will take it seriously) but the speed available is a bit unlikely as I know all of the people on the postcode (3 houses) and nobody is getting over 1.5 even on a good day.

Our speed varies throughout the day but should improve when they connect us to the fiber that is being run around the streets.

jag61

u switch says 36/.8 35ms ping? is that ping slow? showing a fault?
    speedtest 6.3/ 0,6 one of them is a bit out poss both as with TT at moment but often drops/no conn so due to change. Plus net poss what are real life speeds like with them Wakefield area?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

TT at moment but often drops/no conn so due to change

Don’t discount the bit between the box/pole and your house, in our last place that was more of an issue than anything else.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Test your Broadband speed you may be surprised’ is closed to new replies.